Thread: (Concept) Responsive Forms

(Concept) Responsive Forms

Introduction

A few questions/issues inspired me to write an entire help article on the concept of resizing forms.

This article is pretty short sweet, and more specifically to the exact point of the issue.

Varying screen sizes, as well as what OS version is installed on the user's machine can impact on how the form is displayed.

One Example is This thread

On one PC its one size and another on the other PC.

So I am going to go over several ways to represent Responsive Forms, and sticking to a certain size, with varying methods.

Taking Advantage of Min And Max Size

You should always set a min and max size for your project's forms and components. Its best to make it this way for the safety of all End Users' Machines.

To Set this, click on the form and look at it's properties.

Scroll down to the "Min & Max" Size (http://screenshot.sh/m3FYDYOydSGNC)

If you want it to be "Fixed" but still movable unlike fixed dialogs, just copy and paste your desired size into both max and min

Even with the Control Box disabled, you still need to set this.

As earlier mentioned - in another thread someone had the Control box (Max/Min buttons) and had a responsive issue.

NOTE

Currently I am not finished with this I am waiting on how to add attachments without .exe files, and also its late so I wanted to save my work.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: (Concept) Responsive Forms

The issue of resizing a form is different to displaying the same form on different DPI displays. The second is the one that people generally run into on different PCs.