I need to design a marksheet using crystal reports in this format:

Name:  marksheet.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  20.7 KB

I have a table called Subjects that store details about each subject:

Name:  subjects.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  21.9 KB

As is evident from the table and the marksheet, the profile of subjects is varied.
For eg: the subject G-102 has both Theory and Practical component. Theory component has one type of grade ie End Term Grade while Practical component has only one grade type Progressive Assessment.

On the other hand subject G-102 has End Term and Progressive grades for Theory component whereas Practical has only End Term grade. Likewise other subjects have their own profiles.

I have a Gradetype table:
Name:  grade.png
Views: 1010
Size:  9.7 KB

and I have Subjects_Gradetype_junction table

Name:  subject_grade_junction.png
Views: 1042
Size:  19.4 KB

There is a Departments table:
[department_id]
[department_name]

For eg:
Computer Science Dept has id 14
Civil Engineering has id 15

And there is the Departments_subjects_table with two foreign keys:
department_id and subject_id

Finally, there is the Student_Subjects_junction where I actually store the marks:

Name:  Students_Subjects_junction.png
Views: 1064
Size:  23.1 KB

I need allow the user to generate marksheets after he chooses semester and department from the combo boxes in the form.
I cannot solve it because the marksheet design is itself not static. It will change according to the Semester and Department. Foe example: Semester I of Computer Science Department will have five subjects whereas Semester V of Computer Science Department will have 6 subjects. And to make matters more complicated each subject profile will vary as i have said before.

Please help me. Thanks