Thread: Compile error

Compile error

Another programmer and I have the same exact code. I say this because he uploaded ti to SVN and I downloaded it through SVN. The only thing different is the SQL server connection. His is connected to the live production server and my connection is connected to the development server. This is the only difference. However, he can compile without any errors and I cannot. The error message I received is the following:

Compile error:

Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having the same name.

The program then highlighted this:

Private Sub SSTabCarPayProd_Click(PreviousTab As Integer)

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

Re: Compile error

Not off hand. FYI - you posted in the codebank which is for sharing code, not asking questions. I'll ask the mods to move you to the appropriate forum.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Thread moved from the 'CodeBank VB6' forum (which is for you to post working code examples, not questions) to the 'VB6 and earlier' forum

(thanks for letting us know tg )

We think we know what's going on. The project is within a Virtual Machine and I do not seem to have sufficient rights to open and/or run the project (Compile, etc.). I get errors which say, "Permission Denied".
    Last edited by cecilchamp; Mar 22nd, 2017 at 09:46 AM.