Thread: Quiz creation using Visual Studio 2015

Quiz creation using Visual Studio 2015

Hello

I am currently studying IT in college, and am currently working on game design.

First of, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, i just lack the knowledge of a function I need within my code an am wondering if I am in the right place to get the help I need?

So, i am trying to get it so that when the user selects the correct answer, they will be forwarded to the next questions, whereas if they select the wrong answer they will be forwarded to a 'Incorrect answer' form. So far, i have my array of questions but that's about it - the last question i inputted to the array is constantly on display within my form, so i need to get it so the first question is on display and gradually progress through the next questions if the previous questions are answered correctly.

I have probably explained this awfully - but any reply or help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Quiz creation using Visual Studio 2015

The function you're looking for is called an If statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudd98 View Post
    Hello

I am currently studying IT in college, and am currently working on game design.

First of, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, i just lack the knowledge of a function I need within my code an am wondering if I am in the right place to get the help I need?

So, i am trying to get it so that when the user selects the correct answer, they will be forwarded to the next questions, whereas if they select the wrong answer they will be forwarded to a 'Incorrect answer' form. So far, i have my array of questions but that's about it - the last question i inputted to the array is constantly on display within my form, so i need to get it so the first question is on display and gradually progress through the next questions if the previous questions are answered correctly.

I have probably explained this awfully - but any reply or help will be appreciated!

Thanks
    For a more in-depth answer, you should show us your code that you have so far, and we'll help you to progress from there...

Alright, so I will give you some hints -

Initialize your question, usually when doing something like that I use Re-usable public subs, so if I need to reuse it I can.

Code:
    Public Sub IsItRight()

If Textbox1.text = "1" then

Label1.text = "Correct"

Else

Label1.text ="Sorry, that is not correct"

End sub
    An If Then statement works like this:

If X = Y Then Y=X Else Y=Z then X=Y is false (Return a error)

Basically you want to make sure the answer (user input) matches Answer(Answer-key/Real answer) then, you can go on to the next one.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.