Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    May 2001

    math inputs in word. textbox or what?

    I have Word 2015. I can add equations to to a document by going to Insert, and clicking Equations. Now, I've always wondered how this is done in the code. Granted, its not done with VB6. Not sure if its even VB.Net. But, are these little text boxes that get generated or is it some type of canvas? See the attached pic.
    Name:  thiss.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  5.9 KB

  2. #2
    VB-aholic & Lovin' It LaVolpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beside Waldo

    Re: math inputs in word. textbox or what?

    Those appear to be 'form fields'. Similar to templates used by many word processors, web forms, etc. I'd imagine, the user simply clicks in the box and types the value. That 'text box' may increase in size, as needed, to display what the user is typing.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

    Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

    Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

    {Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

We have made updates to our Privacy Policy to reflect the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation.