Thread: Where's all of the MSDN docmentation for GDI+

Frenzied Member

Where's all of the MSDN docmentation for GDI+

I want to use GDI+ in VB6, and I just looked here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx hoping to see a complete reference for GDI+ functions. However they only have links to documentation on 12 functions. I know that GDI+ must have MANY more functions than that. Where can I find complete official documentation on ALL of the GDI+ functions?

PowerPoster

Re: Where's all of the MSDN docmentation for GDI+

Without a wrapper library all you can call from VB6 are those operations encompassed by the GDI+ Flat API.

This was designed to be used by C programmers, not VB programmers. C++ programmers have the class wrappers Microsoft provides, but no effort was ever made to provide a VB-friendly API to GDI+.

On Windows "Cairo" might be the only wrapper library left standing now. I don't recall any others that ever had even half of its minor success, somewhat hindered by being an attempt to graft a generic multi-platform API on top of GDI+. I heard about a more recent one called "Fog/Blend2D" but I've never seen it used from VB programs.

Thread moved to Classic VB from CodeBank, which is for completed snippets rather than questions.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Here is one of my favorite sites to get more details of the GDI+ functions.
    http://www.jose.it-berater.org/gdiplus/iframe/index.htm
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}