Thread: The database file <file name> has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!

The database file <file name> has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!

Everytime I print the report. There is always a pop-up error of "The database file <file name> has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!" then click OK.
    This is so annoying. I understand that it happens once you made any changes on your tables. I actually solved it in some of my reports. However, for those reports that I created using store procedure it seems that there's nothing happened even I verify the database all over again and inputted the correct parameters as I learned in some article.

I'm using crystal report 8.5, sql server 2005

I can't afford to recreate my reports again just to get rid with this issue because there's a lot of it.

Name:  Verify Database.JPG
Views: 1226
Size:  18.0 KBName:  Stored Proc.JPG
Views: 1215
Size:  26.3 KBName:  Parameters.JPG
Views: 1278
Size:  22.3 KB

Please help me.

Re: The database file <file name> has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!

I'm not an expert by I see the alter statement in that query. That is probably telling Crystal it was altered and hence the "fix up the report". Try pointing at an actual stored procedure versus, what looks to me, like an internal one.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

it's alter because I click the modify option to view the codes for stored proc

by the way i tried to recreate the report however the error still there

if I'm going to recreate my reports same thing happened. the error still occurs.
    Last edited by Carmell; Feb 23rd, 2017 at 08:03 PM.

This is my problem for a year now hehe

Don't use select * ... list out the fields you use in the report. No more, no less. That's part of the problem. CR uses the field listing as part of determining if there is a db change or not. When there's a select *, it doesn't know immediately if there was a change to the underlying tables, so it's going to assume there was a change. But if you list out the fields, it can much more easily see if there was a change and will stop prompting you to fix up the report.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *