YouTube video in ieframe.dll-VBForums

Thread: YouTube video in ieframe.dll

YouTube video in ieframe.dll

Hi guys.

There is an app I've made for years showing a YouTube video in ieframe.dll. For the past 9 months when I add new info to the database and test it. Anything with a YouTube video plays as it should do. You can't search for anything else as nothing shows. You have to close the app and restart it. I've put the YouTube link in the results so you can copy and paste it into your browser.

I know YouTube uses Adobe Flash Player because when I used to go on there a message would say update you flash player. I've always kept it undated.

I've uploaded this app before but I can't find the link. I've added a few more YouTube links from the new database.

No one has made a comment about this problem on the forums I've posted it on.

Please check this app out, search for youtube in Possible Cause section. Click on the video and it will play as normal but can't search or select another item.

On a side note: I've made this app for the past 7 years. I haven't worked for the past 4 years through no fault of my own. I was thinking of posting this app on eBay to see if I get any takers. The database is extracted from the res file on startup. On the new version I've set the attribute to hidden but if anyone sets their computer up properly you can see the file and copy & paste it to another folder to view or pass on.

I've played around with setting a password but it doesn't work. I've Googled this and searched on here. I have set the hard drive number to a serial from http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...tration-Scheme

As I didn't want a few people to buy it and all there friends get a free copy.

16 downloads and no comment, upload deleted.
    Last edited by Keithuk; Feb 18th, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Keith

I've been programming with VB for 20 years. Started with VB4 16bit Pro, VB5 Pro, VB6 Pro/Enterprise and now VB3 Pro. But I'm no expert, I'm still learning.

Re: YouTube video in ieframe.dll

Why doesn't Edit Post work for me?

I've uninstalled Adobe Flash Player but the fault still shows.
    Keith

I've been programming with VB for 20 years. Started with VB4 16bit Pro, VB5 Pro, VB6 Pro/Enterprise and now VB3 Pro. But I'm no expert, I'm still learning.

i don't know how helpful this is, but youtube will no longer play flash videos in browsers that support html5.

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried my app as 16 users have downloaded but yours is the only comment, is there something wrong with the coding?

There is another error if you search for Skoda in Possible Causes it opens a PDF file no problem. There are 34 items shown if you click on another item is shows an error Object doesn't support this property or method 438 frmMain lvwCodes_Click in EOBD ErrorLog.txt

My main app doesn't show this error.
    Keith

PowerPoster

is this the same problem you were having about 2 years ago?
    i am sure it was something to do with you tube

i still have your code from that time, but i never looked at it again after i was unable to find some helpful solution at the time
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Thanks for the reply westconn1.

The strange thing is the YouTube video plays no problem. Its as though it locks the web browser control, if you click on any other item in the ListView or search it doesn't show. All other web links show.
    Keith

PowerPoster

if you want me to have another play with it, you can email me a copy, but mainly i will only have time at weekend
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete