Perpetual calendar with VBA a particular bit-VBForums

Thread: Perpetual calendar with VBA a particular bit

Lively Member

Perpetual calendar with VBA a particular bit

Hello everyone my name is Maurizio and my problem is this: Years ago I was able to create using the VB.6 a perpetual calendar very cute as they came a little bit out of the traditional schemes with object-oriented programming.
    But now I would be able to re-create the same thing using VBA.
    Now I understand that the object Picture nell'userform excel does not exist; But leaving you wide mode of interpretation to this project, there would be me also only appear in a listbox, The names of the Week and the relative numbers of the month that they can interact with the date inserted.
    (P.S) Thinking of you would please, I offer you my project almost completely funzionznte.
    Because in this project I mancgerebbe me only more able to view the rest of the calendar.
    In addition I have also Submitted two images that might give you an idea of ​​how I'd really like.
    Thank you in advance for any help you or you want to give me about Sincere Greetings from A.Maurizio

Link to download the Test Project https://app.box.com/s/hdckvgwmayrh5czvyjuwsccct6rmwlyo

Re: Perpetual calendar with VBA a particular bit

what do you mean by perpetual calendar?
    what is your objective? a pop up calender with pictures linked to a record to store the users interaction?
    What tools are you using (Access, Excel, Word..?)
    Is there a reason you want to make your own calender instead of using a default (MS) one ? Practice?

BOFH Now, BOFH Past, Information on duplicates

Feeling like a fly on the inside of a closed window (Thunk!)
    If I post a lot, it is because I am bored at work! ;D Or stuck...
    * Anything I post can be only my opinion. Advice etc is up to you to persue...

Lively Member

Hello Ecniv thanks for your promptness in responding to my post.
    Let us then be able to help you better understand what I want from my Calendar.
    So I'm calling from always Perpetual Calendar that makes me handle multiple dates in addition to the current month.
    Then what about my work itself have given a occhita also the images that I put in the file separately, you know that the names of Weeks and the numbers corresponding to the calendar Current or wanted trammite research.
    Not placed inside (Label; CommandButton; texbox) etc ...!
    But yielding only a single object in my job Originally created with VB.6 was displayed throughout exploiting a (Picture.Picture) I said this because I'm trying to re propose the same job using VBA using a Userform Excel.
    I understand that the object (Picture) does not exist, here in your opinion; You can operate only a calendar using only one (Listbox) I have another item to you more congenial so it will work with the rest of what I have already allowed me to do, and which, among other things, and it all functioning.
    True that much and if you want to try to enter a date of birth and then press the button "start search" you will see for yourself that the calendar acts accordingly; the only missing and know how to display all without the help as I said before (Label Textbox) Etc ...!
    That's all I hope this time he was quite clear.

(P.S) because I would like to create in this way!
    Well the reasons are two.
    1) To the satisfaction of running an old project written in VB.6 also with VBA
    2) Why is itself managed to make it all work only in this way would be a different way to present the multitude of all kind of stasso scattered Calendars on the Web all here Sincere Greetings from A.Maurizio

PowerPoster

i tried to look at your userform and what you have posted, i can not understand what the code is actually trying to achieve, some parts appear to be missing, so hard to tell what they are supposed to do, and i really struggle to interpret your translated explanaton
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Lively Member

Hello westconn1 then let's see if I can finally make you understand the whole thing.
    So: if you've downloaded my test work and have tested at the immense code, you can not help noticing that as the calendar itself works fine; After you have entered the date you want.
    Of course I could not do anything because all that and I managed to do up to now.
    That said: A calendar that respects you should see (Numbers Del Mese) and (Days of Week) right!
    Now keeping in mind that my original schedule, the one written in VB.6 (If you want I'll give you a couple Working in all its parts)
    Its data They were set within a Picture.picture; but we both know that in Userform the object Picture not there.

For here I immediately decided to insert an object of type Listbox as rispotto other objects and a richer bit of property; but you prefer you can use himself the object you want.
    In the meantime, however, given that I do not like rimanare with his hands in the hands of others that I solve problems, I have invented a concrete way perhaps to solve everything.
    It makes sense that what you see and only a prospectus for here is not working, but it makes me realize how much I am on the right track.
    And then logical that from this we must connect it to the rest of the calendar itself, but for me and a small but significant step forward.
    Now just give me your opinion, since you can not go beyond Thanks Sincere Greetings from A.Maurizio
    Attached Files Attached Files

PowerPoster

Hi A.Maurizio, I assume you use something like Google Translate to translate your Italian explanations to English.
    English is also not my first language, but the text outputted by the translator is very hard to understand.

Maybe some explanation with pictures could help clarify things.

Lively Member

Se Preferisci ti scrivo in italiano .
    Oppure puoi suggerirmi la tua lingua madre cosi ti scrivo con essa

Hi friends,
    I created a nice calendar earlier (Calendar With Event Planner (To-Do List)) :

Data can be recorded with userform to selected date . Data on userform are transferred in the Excel sheet as automatically.

In this agenda example ,we used "Calendar Class" instead of calendar control .
    Calendar Control is an ActiveX Control and it gives error on some excel versions. The Calendar Class works in all version of Office VBA (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) .
    The calendar can be downloaded from youtube link.
    Last edited by kadrleyn; Feb 17th, 2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: for changes