Thread: Seem to not be seeing all the posts in some sections of the forum

Seem to not be seeing all the posts in some sections of the forum

http://screenshot.sh/oAFkWQCdaHYsp

For example ^ thats the jobs section, its not showing anything but the locked sticky thread. But when im on the main page I can click a thread and it takes me right to it.

Its happening throughout the entire forum.

What is the matter?

Thanks.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: Seem to not be seeing all the posts in some sections of the forum

You can change the number of posts displayed in a forum area. Near the bottom will be a selection to show posts from the last day, week, month, year, etc. You can adjust this to see more posts.

In your screenshot, it can be seen that you are displaying only from the last month.

Yes I see that now, thanks, however. I did not apply the filters (or I certainly wouldn't be making ths post lol!!)

But thanks much for pointing it out lol long day!

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

I adjusted the defaults for that forum. When I get time I'll see if we can review all of the forums.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    I adjusted the defaults for that forum. When I get time I'll see if we can review all of the forums.
    Thank you!!

You can also set it in your user profile-> Settings->General Settings->Default Thread Age Cut Off:
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    You can also set it in your user profile-> Settings->General Settings->Default Thread Age Cut Off:
    Thanks but others will have the same issue, espcially newer members, probably a good idea to fix it on your end too but this resolves my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc20181 View Post
    Thanks but others will have the same issue, espcially newer members, probably a good idea to fix it on your end too but this resolves my issue.
    I agree. I've never seen that before on a board. Maybe it's always been an option within phpBB or vBulletin (or whichever Forum Suite they're using here). Although most admins probably leave that to the beginning of time. I'm sure you'd get more spider exposure that way, so would make sense from a search engine hit standpoint to leave them all display, but allowing users to set their own preferences to cut down on the clutter. I like the idea, not necessarily the implementation.

It's been an option for as long as I've known. The issue with opening it completely is that on some of the super active forums, you can end up pulling tens of thousands of records that will never really be used. That can hit load times as well.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    It's been an option for as long as I've known. The issue with opening it completely is that on some of the super active forums, you can end up pulling tens of thousands of records that will never really be used. That can hit load times as well.
    Load times are mostly insignificant with the advent of broadband. You're still only limiting X amount per page. (or were you considering the server side of things rather than the client?) I see it is phpBB. The option may have been around, I've just never see a board to implement using it and probably never paid attention to it......

.....I'll take that back. As I was writing this I thought I'd double check Mr Excel and they're doing the same thing. The difference being that their last month is over 200 pages deep so you'd never notice it. LOL

There's got to be a check that will at least go, "last 20 even if it's 2 years old." It's better to see something than to see nothing, although I suppose that would be admin preferences as well. I still like the 3 month mark, but if it's 200 pages deep times 20 message per page, I could see cutting it down some, but seeing there wasn't a 90 day option 100 days will due too.

There are active forums and moribund forums. The main are VB.NET, Classic VB...and Chit-Chat, but only two threads are active in that forum...because everybody there is insane.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    There are active forums and moribund forums. The main are VB.NET, Classic VB...and Chit-Chat, but only two threads are active in that forum...because everybody there is insane.
    I have a solution for that.

Code:
    If i = insane then

She'll.Activate(objPrescription.Drugs.take)

End If
    That should solve the problem here.