Thread: [RESOLVED] Visual Studio Installer making multiple entries in Programs and Features.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Visual Studio Installer making multiple entries in Programs and Features.

I had this working once and I've messed it up again. VS2013 and I installed the Microsoft Visual Studio Installer project. EG if I have version 1.1.1.0 installed then make a change and upgrade to 1.1.2.0 I will see both in the Programs and Features. I know I'm supposed to change at least one GUID but could someone give me a brief series of steps on one does to properly create an installer that will upgrade an extant version?

My next question is the version of the installer. It seems that the version of the installer should only change when something in the installer project changes. That is it would not normally increase. Is that correct? I have been increasing it so that the version in Programs and Features reflects the version of the program it's installing. How is that supposed to work.

Thanks for reading my post. I want to get this figured out finally so I can do this correctly. As the designers intended.

Re: Visual Studio Installer making multiple entries in Programs and Features.

Remove Previous Versions was set to False. My mistake. I swore I had that set correctly.