Thread: Data Environment Control not available to use

Data Environment Control not available to use

Hello Everyone,

I tried to create a report using Data Report and to fetch data for report using Data environment.

(That's what the youtube Guide did, link Here )

I already have the file dataenvironment file named DataEnvironment1.Dsr created on another system.

when i tried to include this file in my project via Project (right click) -> Add -> Add file -> then selecting the file (.dsr)

I am able to add the datareport file but not the dataenvironment file

the following error occurred (I am copying this error from the log file of dataenvironment file).

Line 2: Class {C0E45035-5775-11D0-B388-00A0C9055D8E} of control DataEnvironment1 was not a loaded control class.
    Line 0: The file C:\Mini Project\DataEnvironment1.Dsr could not be loaded.

the location of the file is: C:\Mini Project\DataEnvironment1.Dsr

The option to create new data environment is also not available in the Project menu of VB.

I am using windows 8.1 and visual basic 6 with compatibility mode for (Windows XP SP2)

Thankyou for help.

PowerPoster

Re: Data Environment Control not available to use

I am using windows 8.1 and visual basic 6 with compatibility mode for (Windows XP SP2)
    I can't imagine how you think that is helping you with anything. Poor idea. Most of what this gives you is a Windows version lie you don't want or need.

It sounds like you may have followed some poor advice often given here about how to install VB6. You may not have the DataEnvironment components installed properly. You can run setup again and add the necessary pieces and parts. I think they are sub-parts listed within "Data Access components" there.