Thread: Feature Request: Mobile Friendly Viewing

Lightbulb Feature Request: Mobile Friendly Viewing

Its 2016 almost 2017 and Vbforum has yet to be mobile friendly. If you could work on this that is appreicated, sometimes I like to view and reply to threads when I am out away from my computer. This I am sure would be a very useful add.

I understand how challenging it could be but, I promise its worth it.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: Feature Request: Mobile Friendly Viewing

We are looking at a newer version of vBulletin. We'll evaluate mobile again after that is implemented.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds awesome!!

Please let us know when changes will be made! I wanna help in any way i can give feedback etc.

Thanks

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

The change to the newer version of vBulletin is big, so it is going to take a little time. This is in the works though. (We have a number of forums, so updates are rarely as fast as I'd like!)
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

Holy cow you're from indy!

I live in indiana too! cool! (just noticed that)

Yea I am sure it takes a while

Are you a Admin just on this site?? or others as well?

Well I sure hope you start getting it started soon!! Good luck too!!

Everyone will know when the new version is posted. It will be at least February, but it will have a much more responsive design and because the underlying infrastructure is different, that will impact the front end a little bit too. We are using Codeguru as the first forum to launch and then will start hitting the others after that. This one is near the top of the list because of its size. (and you never want to be the first one!)

Are you a Admin just on this site?? or others as well?
    This is off topic, but....
    Officially, I am the director of QuinStreet's Developer.com Network of sites. QuinStreet is a California based company (Bay area), and I'm their Indiana office. I oversee their developer sites and forums as well am the point person on the business side for all the tech forums. We have way over a dozen forums (VBForums, forums.Codeguru.com, WebDeveloper.com, are among the biggest for which I'm directly responsible), and a number of sites (Developer.com, Codeguru.com, DevX.com, HTMLGoodies.com, PHPBuilder.com, etc.), which all fall into my area. Lots of cool stuff with millions of people visiting each month. Cool stuff!

Of course, there is a team that helps to make sure things are taken care of on all of those forums. Steve Jones and SuperSparks help with the administration of the forums across the board, plus there are a lot of great moderators that really do the best job at keeping things moving smoothly on all the forums. That leaves me time to work with our developer team on the critical things (and upgrades)!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC