Thread: Is no use posting in this forum no more.

Hyperactive Member

Angry Is no use posting in this forum no more.

I've been trying for ever to post a thread for the last 6 months in this forum and I could not!
    The page keep telling me that my username & password are wrong! then I request a new one,
    and the same freaking thing keep looping over a million times over and over again!
    this is crazy, thats the reason I ever came back to keep posting for help.

Fanatic Member

Re: Is no use posting in this forum no more.

I had the same issue on my previous account. Very sad about this.

Hyperactive Member

So, you're posting just to say you can't post, right?
    Carlos

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Rocha View Post
    So, you're posting just to say you can't post, right?
    I am using alias account. My previous account can't post anything. No idea what is going on on VBForums.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    I am using alias account. My previous account can't post anything. No idea what is going on on VBForums.
    I understand, but Coding used a 2013 account to make the post.
    Carlos

So you thought that it would be a great idea to post about it here, where you're supposed to be posting questions and answers about VB6, rather than posting in the Forum Feedback forum, where the posts get seen by the people who can actually do something about your issue? Can you see the flaw in your logic?

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    So you thought that it would be a great idea to post about it here, where you're supposed to be posting questions and answers about VB6, rather than posting in the Forum Feedback forum, where the posts get seen by the people who can actually do something about your issue? Can you see the flaw in your logic?
    Don't critize People, the reason is that this section is more popular. You should focus on the answer you can give. Don't worry, Forum moderator will move this thread.

Don't critize People
    It's up to me whether I criticise people. If you don't like being criticised then don't do things worthy of criticism.
    the reason is that this section is more popular.
    How does that make any sense? The only people who can help you are the admins and they are far more likely to see something posted in Forum Feedback than here. How does it help you if this forum is popular with people who can do nothing to solve your issue?
    You should focus on the answer you can give.
    As I said, noone but the admins can help with this issue so there's nothing else for me to focus on. Regardless, it's for me to decide where my focus lies, not you.
    Don't worry, Forum moderator will move this thread.
    Genius! Make unnecessary work for the mods. Alternatively, you just post where you're supposed to in the first place and you'll get help, you'll get it sooner and the mods won't be bothered. That's what the sensible people do.

Fanatic Member

[quote]jmcilhinney [/quote]you are very good at mouth fighting.
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Oct 18th, 2016 at 02:23 AM.

Thread moved to 'Forum Feedback', which is where topics about site usage etc belong

While jmcilhinney didn't use the best tone, he made some good points.

Now this thread is in the right place, the admins should see it, and be able to help.

Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.... Send us the account name you are having problems with. We'll send you a password reset email.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.... Send us the account name you are having problems with. We'll send you a password reset email.
    I had reset many times but I can't post anything when I am logging on. That account I had already used for 10 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Oct 19th, 2016 at 07:40 AM.

Did you use the CONTACT US link as suggested AND you're posting here? Or are you just posting here?

Without knowing the username of the other account - we can't help you.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Hyperactive Member

Thanks for you support DaveDavis, and all the others. the day I posted this here, I had no clue what I was doing. but I would like to let others know how exactly this was happening to me. all started it a few months ago, maybe more than 6 months ago, but I never give any attention until the 18th of this month. the problem was that in few occasions the page let me log in but after changing pages it logged me off with the exception of not letting me login again and with a message saying that my username and password was invalid, then requested a new one and tried and the same thing. I tried many times after 15 minutes for better results but that didn't helped. as for Carlos Rocha comment: "but Coding used a 2013 account to make the post." thats not the issue, other member have older accounts and have no problems, or I don't know. but in my case I've been having so many problems in this forum when in comes to login with my username and password.

How about three months ago? Towards the end of July, to be exact.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Maybe you forgot your username / pass. It can happen to other people.

Shouldn't this thread be closed? Seems like its pretty well resolved by the Admin in post #11
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Just because something is resolved, or not (it isn't really clear, in this case), we don't close threads just for that reason. We let them fade down the screen. The OP might go back and mark the thread resolved, if the issue WAS resolved, but that clearly doesn't always happen.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Passwords were reset at the end of the summer. Chances are, if you are getting erratic issues where you are signing in and then getting bumped out, the problem is likely a bad cookie. I suggest clearing your cookies for the forum and then log in again with the remember me box checked.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------