Thread: How to initialize a fontpicker?

How to initialize a fontpicker?

Hi,

i have recently made a fontpicker, mostly for practice. I have used an example which uses databinding as a basis to build on.
    Now the problem i have is this:
    When i open the fontpicker for the second time, i want the font that was chosen the first time to be visible. I am trying to do this by passing values to the FontInfo property of the dialog. Unfortunately i can't apply those values, because the properties of the preview textbox are all bound. Setting these properties to the values in FontInfo will overwrite these bindings. How do i get around this problem?
    (Is there any way to also bind the properties of txtPreview to variables in the context?)

i.e. the following does not work:
    Code:
    Dim dlgFont As New FontPickerDialog
       dlgFont.font = FontInfo.GetFontInfo(txtWatermark)
       If (dlgFont.ShowDialog) Then
           fntSelected = dlgFont.font
           If (fntSelected IsNot Nothing) Then
               fntSelected.ApplyTo(txtWatermark)
                DisplayPreview()
           End If
       End If
    The bindings i'm talking about:"
    Code:
    <TextBox Name ="txtPreview"  AcceptsReturn="true" Padding="20"
    	        FontSize="{Binding ElementName=fontSizeSlider, Path=Value}"
    		FontFamily="{Binding Source={StaticResource familyCollection},Path=Source}" 
    		FontWeight="{Binding ElementName=familyTypefacesList,Path=SelectedItem.Weight}" 
    		FontStretch="{Binding ElementName=familyTypefacesList,Path=SelectedItem.Stretch}" 
    		FontStyle="{Binding ElementName=familyTypefacesList,Path=SelectedItem.Style}"
                    Foreground="{Binding ElementName=colorPicker, Path=SelectedColor, Converter={StaticResource ColorToBrushConverter}}"
                    Opacity="{Binding ElementName=nudOpacity, Path=Value, Converter={StaticResource OpacityConverter}}"
    		TextAlignment="Center" TextWrapping="Wrap" Grid.Row="0"
                    TextBlock.LineHeight="{Binding ElementName=txtPreview, Path=FontSize, Converter={StaticResource LineHeightConverter}}"
                    TextBlock.LineStackingStrategy="BlockLineHeight">
                    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
    		</TextBox>

Re: How to initialize a fontpicker?

Thread moved to WPF, since that's what it appears to be. If that isn't correct, please let me know.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing