Thread: Image scaling in tables has changed; browser issue or site issue?

PowerPoster

Image scaling in tables has changed; browser issue or site issue?

So I went through a lot of trouble to make a nice table layout to show images alongside text and code for a sample project. When I first made it, the images displayed at full size. Now, in Firefox and Chrome, it shows only tiny images. Internet Explorer still shows the images full size, here's what it looks like in IE now and Firefox when I originally made the post: Image 1
    and here's what it looks like in Firefox and Chrome now: Image 2
    (link to thread)

I believe it's the browser doing the actual scaling; as the image info display says "scaled to"... what I don't know is, is this something the Firefox browser has changed on its own? Or has the sites display code changed in a way that would trigger this scaling?
    There's plenty of space there's no need to scale; as the lack of horizontal scroll bar on IE proves, it doesn't take up more than the width of the page.

And most importantly, is there a way to make this scaling not happen? Like a 'width=75%' option for the TD tag?

Edit: Sorry, it looks like I solved my own problem, it turns out that I actually can just do td="width: 75%" and that gets the images back to full size in all 3 browsers. Still curious about what triggered the need to do this, but nevermind I guess.
    Last edited by fafalone; Nov 2nd, 2016 at 07:28 PM.

Re: Image scaling in tables has changed; browser issue or site issue?

I have to ask.....

What are you doing or building?
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by fafalone View Post
    I believe it's the browser doing the actual scaling; as the image info display says "scaled to"... what I don't know is, is this something the Firefox browser has changed on its own? Or has the sites display code changed in a way that would trigger this scaling?
    Based on my quick tests, it is the browser (making sure everything fits).
    Quote Originally Posted by fafalone View Post
    There's plenty of space there's no need to scale; as the lack of horizontal scroll bar on IE proves, it doesn't take up more than the width of the page.
    That depends on your monitor size/window size/resolution/etc... by default I get the tiny ones, and need to 'zoom' them in some way to see them properly.

I suspect that for some people they will be too small to even be noticed, so would recommend having the images in line with the text rather than beside it.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    I have to ask.....

What are you doing or building?
    There's a link to the thread I was talking about.. here

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek
    That depends on your monitor size/window size/resolution/etc... by default I get the tiny ones, and need to 'zoom' them in some way to see them properly.

I suspect that for some people they will be too small to even be noticed, so would recommend having the images in line with the text rather than beside it.
    I don't object to the scaling in principle; the issue was the unnecessary scaling-- I hope it would scale down on smaller displays, but it was showing microscopic images on 1920x1080-- because it was making column one=98% and column 2=2% of the width.