Thread: ToolStrip DropDownButton : Drop down menu location on a multimonitor setup?

Lively Member

ToolStrip DropDownButton : Drop down menu location on a multimonitor setup?

Hello

I have a toolstrip along the top of my program. There is a right aligned drop down button that displays a menu. I have a 2 monitor system, and for some reason, the menu wants to open up on the other screen - the screen the program isn't on.

How can I keep this menu on the proper screen?

Lively Member

Re: ToolStrip DropDownButton : Drop down menu location on a multimonitor setup?

Anyone know how to keep a drop down menu on the proper menu (the menu the click calling it occurred?)

Could you show us a couple of screenshots, at least 1 of your form in the VS designer and one of your desktop showing both screens.

Lively Member

Here you go.

I noticed that it only happens when (in the example) "Button" has short text, text shorter than the drop down items. If the drop down items had text shorter than the buttons text, they would appear on the proper screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohlas_DuBhunkus View Post
    Here you go.

I noticed that it only happens when (in the example) "Button" has short text, text shorter than the drop down items. If the drop down items had text shorter than the buttons text, they would appear on the proper screen.
    Hi Bohlas_DuBhunkus,

I know it's been awhile, but if you still need a solution, try the following:

Private Sub ToolStripDropDownButton1_Click(sender As Object, e [COLOR="#0000FF"]As EventArgs) Handles ToolStripDropDownButton1.Click
    ToolStripDropDownButton1.DropDownDirection = ToolStripDropDownDirection.BelowLeft
    End Sub