Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for samples)-VBForums

Thread: Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for samples)

Frenzied Member

Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for samples)

Not sure how many people share my style, but when I'm working on a new sample project, I initially develop the code in a large project that already has extensive code either initially or from old work, and then copy the relevant parts into a new demo project or post. Well, I got tired of manually isolating declares, so spent a couple hours writing a tool to automate it a bit.
    Future versions will automate things more and maybe add support for functions/subs.

How it works:
    -Load the codebase, either a project's folder or manually selecting files.
    -Enter a term in the textbox and click Add <type>
    -The codebase is searched for the declare, searching either public or private first depending on preference

APIs that are broken with _ are supported.
    Support for things declared in typelibs not yet supported.

This is a rough beta, so it's missing some polish like robust error handling and additional formatting options, but I do plan to work on it more in the future.

Requirements
    -oleexp3.tlb (found here) is used for the file open/folder select dialogs. Can be substituted to avoid either the typelib or its Vista+ requirement; files are just fed into a processing function so you can use an alternate file selection method.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Frenzied Member

Re: Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for sampl

Project Updated
    Version 2 includes:
    -Added option to load subs/functions
    --Subs/funcs are held separately, so even if you add consts/types/etc after functions, they'll always appear before subs/funcs.

-Added option to, if a constant is not found declared alone, search through the Enums, and add the Enum the const is a part of if it's found in one.