Thread: User experience and UI (Some questions, etc)

User experience and UI (Some questions, etc)

Okay, so I have taken on the task of making a new UI for a project I have, the issue I guess is I haven't ever really customized any controls except the tab control (from borrowed code) and need advice or cool ways to customize things like buttons for example on windows 7 you ever see ( they may or may not be the same on windows 8 I dont think so) but like they had a certain feel that was different, I want to make a user panel with buttons with access to all the features of my project.

Again I wanna think of a fancy way to present this, and need ideas, code snippets, articles, etc. I do not want this to go crazy so keep the lines of code low if possible, size of this project has stayed under 100MB so far and has near 20k lines of code.

An example : http://screenshot.sh/mMdwYhFlQkccC

Not anything but the buttons - I don't watch youtube videos when I am learning something so the video is useless - I understand things on "paper" whether physical paper or virtual paper
    Last edited by jdc20181; Sep 24th, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: User experience and UI (Some questions, etc)

Have a look at this page:

https://vbthemes.wordpress.com

thanks xD I will look there

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

The only part of any of those I would want is the background with a different themed button. I hope someone has another source xD