Thread: Remember logon not working for me

Remember logon not working for me

For a while now I have to logon the the forum in the morning (EST). At first I just figured my company wiped out cookies or something like that at night but I see other sites "remember me". Is anyone else having that issue. I click remember me and it does all day. Next day; I have to log in again.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Re: Remember logon not working for me

Let me check to see if I can find out what the expiration time is on the cookie. (I assume the forum is using cookies).

Of course, an alternate option is to use a password locker like LastPass.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I had this in the past and it was to do with my antivirus wiping out the cookie. For some reason it affected VBF but not other forums. If there's an option to whitelist VBF in your antivirus it might be worth a punt.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I had this in the past and it was to do with my antivirus wiping out the cookie. For some reason it affected VBF but not other forums. If there's an option to whitelist VBF in your antivirus it might be worth a punt.
    I can't control that at work but now that you mention that it remembers me at home. Odd it only seems to affect VBForums as you mentioned.

My next suggestion was going to be to clear your cookies for the forum on your computer and see if that helps.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed if I come in from the email notifications it remembers me but the first time in each day in via the internet I have to log in again every morning.

Are you coming to-> http://www.vbforums.com/forum.php

It has to be something on your end since you're the only one with the problem. Are you sure you are zapping your cookies?
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post

It has to be something on your end since you're the only one with the problem. Are you sure you are zapping your cookies?
    Are you sure on both of those points? Maybe other people haven't reported it. This is the only site that happens to from my end. My company does constantly tighten down security so it may well be here. Odd it is only VBForums that I know of.

I'm certain I'm using this URL:

Is that the one you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I noticed if I come in from the email notifications it remembers me but the first time in each day in via the internet I have to log in again every morning.
    The first time each day? How about the next time? Do you turn off your computer when you leave, logoff, or forget the whole thing?

It sure sounds like your company has something like an AV running that is doing the job.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The first time each day? How about the next time? Do you turn off your computer when you leave, logoff, or forget the whole thing?

It sure sounds like your company has something like an AV running that is doing the job.
    OK, let's do a little test. I just came in to work, my computer was in sleep mode since yesterday, came to this link via an email, and I'm still signed in (remembered).

Now I'm back via Google and darn it, it remembered me. First time in weeks. Just like working, when you try and show somebody something it doesn't do it....

The thing about "It sure sounds like your company has something like an AV running that is doing the job." is only this site seems affected.

I'm going to log off and then try coming back in.

I'm back from logging off and on and it remembered me...

I'll see what happens tomorrow but I swear...everyday I get onto the Forums and for many weeks it did not remember me. Now this morning it is. Go figure....

OK...I'M OFFICIALLY AN IDIOT

I just realized it was from using the Goggle incognito mode when I start up the web. Email comes straight here. Anyone have some bacon to go with the egg on my face...

I'm just playing around now but Tek-Tips.com and VBCity.com both remember me in Google incognito mode. I wonder what the difference is?
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Sep 27th, 2016 at 05:28 AM.

Privacy mode or "private browsing" or "incognito mode" is a privacy feature in some web browsers to disable browsing history and the web cache. This allows a person to browse the Web without storing local data that could be retrieved at a later date. Privacy mode will also disable the storage of data in cookies and Flash cookies. This privacy protection is only on the local computing device as it is still possible to identify frequented websites by associating the IP address at the web server.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_mode

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post

OK...I'M OFFICIALLY AN IDIOT
    Well....since you are a power poster, I suppose we COULD make it official, since your title can be edited, but I think you ought to consider a more complimentary title.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing