dcsimg

Thread: Unbelievable

Jacob Roman 2.0

Unbelievable

Hey guys. Long time no see. For the first time ever I cant even get into my own account that hasnt changed in years Miss ya guys. Especially you DDay

/kick /kick FIX IT

Re: Unbelievable

Seems to be like that for everyone, or for many at least. I used to forgotten password facility to reset my password and then set it back again. I suggest that you do the same.

Jacob Roman 2.0

Problem is I can't find it

Jacob Roman 2.0

Ok after a quick google search, I found it here:

http://www.vbforums.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Only problem is, it gives an invalid direct URL http://www.google.com

Unbelieveable that someone broke the site.

I blame Steve R Jones

Jacob Roman 2.0

Ok basically I did a google search and found it but it was not the right one. So I found the real one within the sight, and then I just realized.....

It is on an old ancient email address. One of which I havent touched in a decade. So now I have to wait 24 hours for microsoft to check if its really me cause the one linked to the old address is even older and no longer exist. If I could only switch it with my common email address id be in heaven. BTW you might see a duplicate post cause advanced mode posting needs to be checked by a moderator. LAAAAAAAAME

Log out of the site and then click on the 'Log in' button at the top of the page without entering any credentials. That should display a page with a 'Message' box in the middle and login fields. The first paragraph in that box says:
    Forgotten your password? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman 2.0 View Post
    Hey guys. Long time no see. For the first time ever I cant even get into my own account that hasnt changed in years Miss ya guys. Especially you DDay

/kick /kick FIX IT
    I got an email from VBForums stating that:

Important Notice: Password Reset

Recently, we learned of unauthorized access to VBForums.com forums, and to users’ email addresses and encrypted passwords. While we are continuing to investigate what happened, out of an abundance of caution, we are initiating a password reset for the VBForums.com forums.

We have invalidated passwords for the VBForums forums’ accounts. Users returning to the forums will be prompted to authenticate their account and reset their passwords.

I had to reset mine.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

I did too but never got the email. Something must have caused it to end up in the Spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I got an email from VBForums stating that:
    One was probably sent to me too but my mailbox was over quota for a couple of days so I probably didn't see it. That explains it.

Ungh.... I never got the email either... and now in trying to reset the pwd, the recover form doesn't do anything... I says it sent an email, but I don't have anything showing up...
    ended up having to create a new account.
    For the love of ENIAC.

-tg

Who are you?

Y'all are lucky, I just got a phishing email. Nothing more exciting than that.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Yes this is quite the epic disaster. I'm trying to get help in the Forum Feedback area but apparently I'm just some spammer because my post got flagged for approval. Meanwhile that spammer who actually was spamming seemed to have no trouble.

In case this post goes through and an admin sees it here and not in Forum Feedback, I need to get my account (fafalone) back, and I definitely no longer have access to the ancient e-mail address used to create that account. Current e-mail is fafalone at gmail; refer to my post in the 'trouble logging in' thread in forum feedback for some ideas I had if you need to verify my identity.
    Please help me

There is clearly something going on with the bit about resetting passwords. I remember having some issue with that, as well, though I have no memory of whether it is similar to what you are seeing, or not. In any case, since you created a new account, it goes through the same moderation queue, which means there could be a delay in the post showing up. That will go away with your next post, though, as your count will be 5.

I trust this will be sorted fairly soon, as difficult as it is for some of us.

Well apart from TechGnome most people it seems have been able to reset their PW and log in; I don't know if that's the case for me or not since my main problem is no longer having access to the original e-mail account to even try.

I had a similar problem. Brad was able to help me out with that.

Guys - I am not checking Chit Chat, so the best way to get to me is via Feedback or emailing. The other online admins (aka Steve, etc.) can also help with getting password reset if you are having trouble.

All we did was reset passwords as a security precaution, so all you need to do is get the new password using "lost password" and set a new one. If you are seeing other issues, that would have nothing to do with our changing passwords. I highly recommend that you update to a strong password and that you change your passwords ever six to twelve months. If you are using a password you've been using for years, then you really should be creating a new one.

If you are trying to reset and you don't have access to your email address, then email me at Webmaster ,at, Developer/dot/com. If you're account's been around awhile we can figure something out. You can also connect with the other online Admins for help. As a note, I'm going to be pretty much disconnected on Saturday, so the other admins can hopefully help.

Again - feedback is the best place to ask for help.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (My recent articles) (I wrote: Web 2.0 Heroes!) (My Blog) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is on an old ancient email address. One of which I havent touched in a decade.
    Jacob - I sent you an email. Let me know if you are able to get things aligned with your original account.

Brad!

Please note that when you guy say 'no emails from admins' in your profile, you limit our communication to you.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (My recent articles) (I wrote: Web 2.0 Heroes!) (My Blog) (Follow me on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by fafalone4 View Post
    Well apart from TechGnome most people it seems have been able to reset their PW and log in; I don't know if that's the case for me or not since my main problem is no longer having access to the original e-mail account to even try.
    Fafalone - I'm sending you an email.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

I'm not sure what the 'invalid redirect' issue is or why it is happening. I've raised that issue with our tech people. As mentioned before, if you are having trouble using the password reset form and getting that error, then send me an email with your email address and the comment that you are resetting a VBForums password (or at least trying to). I'll enter the email address into the forum. The mods can help with this too if needed.

Brad!
    webmaster@developer.com <-- address to send this to.
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Namrekka2

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Who are you?
    Guess who

Quote Originally Posted by Namrekka2 View Post
    Guess who
    Not sure....
    My twin brother?

Back again.

Android OpenGL ES Guru Jacob Roman's Avatar

Guests can post?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    Guests can post?
    It was my alt account. Its all solved now.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I feel left out, i was going to create a NeedSomeAnswers2 account but i realised i would sound like a bad movie sequel.

Also i can login using my normal account.....
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Yeah, you'd have to call it NeedSomeMoreAnswers.

Ok after a quick google search, I found it here:

http://www.vbforums.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Only problem is, it gives an invalid direct URL http://www.google.com

Unbelieveable that someone broke the site.

I blame Steve R Jones
    It tries to go back to the page you were on previously... it breaks when it isn't a VBF page.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *