Thread: Full outer join in mysql

Fanatic Member

Full outer join in mysql

i have this sql query, i know this query is written in bad way, anyone can refine this sql query?

Code:
    SELECT column, ship, column, column, column, column FROM tbl_W WHERE id = id AND mid = ''  UNION SELECT column, ship, column, column, column, column FROM tbl_W WHERE id = id AND mid IS NULL  UNION SELECT column, ship, column, column, column, column FROM tbl_W WHERE d_id = id AND i_sh = '1' order by id DESC
    in above query i have a column (ship) it has number values which is ID of another table's (tblShip) record.

now in my sql result i want another column of (tblShip) (column_name) to be returned in place of (ship)[numeric value]

Re: Full outer join in mysql

You should not DOUBLE POST - this thread needs to go away

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Full outer join in mysql

Since the questions appear identical other than the subject line, I've closed this thread. Duplicate threads do no more than cause confusion and frustration.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing