Name:  Screenshot 2016-06-11 08.10.44.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  36.0 KB

This is a personal project of mine.
One day I realized, all these nutrition facts on all these food labels are so incoherent, they hardly mean anything useful to me at all without a base reference of some sort.
So I decided to base all the labels off the foods that I regularly "utilize" (lol), and compare them all to 100g and see which foods are high/low compared to other foods, instead of a label insisting they are "low xxx".

So, I realized that this was gonna be tricky to do, so I did a few google searches and the solution seems to be leaning towards VBA.
I am, a complete novice in VBA, but I was gonna give it a try anyways.
I do realize that I *could* add a line in just for formula calculation, but seeing this chart potentially exponentially exploding before my face, I have to keep it slick.
I don't know how if this could be done in database software either, ie. Microsoft Access, never tried, don't know if it supports formulas as excel does.
Ideally, I want to be able to find an existing database of nutrition facts spreadsheet and just automate the process, but that's a separate issue, however, any insight towards that direction is appreciated as well.

I am following an example I searched online and just seeing if I could just get the basics of it to work before expanding it over my range of cells I needed.
Didn't work, couldn't get it to work.

I am not sure if the uploaded image is of any help being so small, but essentially,
I want the user to be able to look at a nutrition facts, say Vitamin A at 12% of daily recommended intake, enter in "12" in say, M6, and have the same cell calculate "=12/100 * MaxDailyVitaminA", which MaxDailyVitaminA is really just cell, M4. And then repeat the process for the rest of the vitamins and minerals (from M6) up to AJ6

I hope that was enough information.

Thanks.