Thread: Can someone help me out with this scenario please?

Question Can someone help me out with this scenario please?

Scenario
    The bank employs consultants who visit clients in their home or workplace. During these visits, they use a laptop computer or tablet to demonstrate the advantages of the financial products offered by the bank, and print a statement for the customer to keep. The Bank has introduced a new investment account, and want software for consultants to use that will quickly show potential clients how their investments will perform using this new account.

The account requires clients to invest money for an agreed period, during which time interest will be gained. At the end of the investment period, a final bonus will be added. The amount of this bonus will depend on the final balance of the account at the end of the investment period, including all interest gained.

A client can invest any sum of money between £500 and £30,000 for a fixed term period of between 1 and 15 years. During the investment period, no additional money can be invested, and no money can be withdrawn.

• The consultant will need to enter the amount to be invested and the investment term. If figures outside the specified ranges are input to the program, they must be rejected and a suitable error message displayed. On clearing the error message, the program must then be reset to allow the input of new figures.

• Interest is calculated using compound interest at a fixed rate of 4% per annum. In other words, at the end of each year the interest for that year is added to the capital.

• At the end of the next year interest is gained both on the original capital and the interest gained in the previous years.

• At the end of the final year, a bonus is gained depending on the final capital, as shown in the table below –

Capital at end of investment term Bonus gained
    Less than £5000 1% of final capital
    £5000 - £7500 2 % of final capital
    Over £7500 3% of final capital

• The program must display the final capital and the bonus and a statement of the year by year balance for the account.

Re: Can someone help me out with this scenario please?

Welcome to VBForums

Thread moved from the 'CodeBank VB6' forum (which is for you to post working code examples, not questions) to the 'VB6 and earlier' forum

Show us the code you came up with, and give us details of the specific problem you are currently stuck on (such as any errors that occurred).

It is much easier for us to fix the mistakes in your code that it is for us to write (and test) your code for you. It also shows us that you are putting in a reasonable amount of effort, so we are more willing to help.

PowerPoster

Right. We can help with your homework project if you get stuck - but only a few of us here can be tricked into doing it outright. And usually it's only with really simple concepts. This however looks like a final class project. Doubt anyone will be doing this for you.

i have done the first form but got to be honest this is way over my head only 2 weeks left of my course and this is the only thing iv been stuck on. If you or no one can help i understand do not want it to come across as i am tricking people as that is not the case i just don't understand how to do the second form and coding for it. If someone could help i would very much appreciate it loads but if not i understand 100%.

PowerPoster

Code:
        InterestPerYear = 4
        For ThisYear = 1 To TermYears
            InterestEarned = Principal * InterestPerYear / 100#
            Principal = Principal + InterestEarned

List1.AddItem _
                "YEAR " & ThisYear & vbTab & _
                "EARNED " & Format(InterestEarned, "0.00") & vbTab & _
                "BALANCE " & Format(Principal, "0.00")
        Next
    Last edited by DEXWERX; Jun 6th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.