dcsimg

Thread: describe in a word

Frenzied Member

describe in a word

How will you describe in one or two words about expressing ones thought, feelings and or information?

Re: describe in a word

What sort of context are you talking about?

Confused?

My usual boring signature: Nothing

Frenzied Member

we just assume any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by codesearcher View Post
    we just assume any circumstance.
    Then I wouldn't.

Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar

good place

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

My feelings about this thread, in two words: Moderate Confusion
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

It's good of you to be moderate. I left that behind right from the start of this thread. I'm into full-blown, bull moose, confusion.

It's good of you to be moderate
    Well, apparently I'm "super" at it so it wasn't that much of a stretch.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I'm sick of people who couldn't be bothered to take the time to actually explain what the hell they're on about and instead expect us to just be on their wavelength based on one vague sentence. Presumably the OP thought that that sentence conveyed all that needed to be conveyed. Clearly it failed utterly in that regard.

But... but... he told you to assume any circumstance. What more explanation do you need?!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    I'm sick of people who couldn't be bothered to take the time to actually explain what the hell they're on about and instead expect us to just be on their wavelength based on one vague sentence. Presumably the OP thought that that sentence conveyed all that needed to be conveyed. Clearly it failed utterly in that regard.
    Verbose!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    But... but... he told you to assume any circumstance. What more explanation do you need?!
    None.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Well, apparently I'm "super" at it so it wasn't that much of a stretch.
    Thin?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    It's good of you to be moderate. I left that behind right from the start of this thread. I'm into full-blown, bull moose, confusion.
    Winkle?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Rocky!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Verbose!
    I'm sick...in that regard. Better?

Satisfied!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by codesearcher View Post
    How will you describe in one or two words about expressing ones thought, feelings and or information?
    Impart

or

Convey

are the first two that come to mind.

Of course, you already mention

Express

which I feel would be a word I might use in the general context.

Of course, the others have interpreted the context as being words denoting a thought or feeling, probably not too much information.
    In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, I use to "Rats" often, to express a particular thought or feeling, but I don't remember using it in a long while.

p.s. Relate.
    I don't know if I'm on the track your were seeking, but if so, then a thesaurus on any of those words could lead to others, I'm sure.
    Last edited by passel; May 23rd, 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Thesauruses went extinct many millions of years ago.

You don't want to know.

The words that come to mind are "markov chain post generator test".
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

That's FAR closer to "one or two words" than I ever thought Sitten could get.

You don't want to know.

I guess I could've said "spam post". L'esprit d'escalier!
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

Supercalifragalisticexpealedocious.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Fanatic Member

John Lennon would have answered that one with : state of mind. In fact he did in one of the Beatles best ever song.

Now that would apply to thoughts and feelings. Information has no soul, so : "state of affairs" would be more appropriate.