Thread: PictureBox Changes Size on a different computer

PictureBox Changes Size on a different computer

I created the project everything worked fine, I set a size for the picture box zipped up the project, sent it to my instructor and the size of the picture box that he is seeing is different. Any idea why that might be happening? I downloaded the attachment that I sent to him to make sure we are looking at the exact same thing and we sent screen shots to each other and we are looking at the same thing, same version, but the size of the picture box on his computer has changed. Anybody know why?
    Edit: I think he has visual studio 2013 and I have visual studio 2015 but I don't know if that would make a difference.

You don't want to know.

Re: PictureBox Changes Size on a different computer

Most likely explanation: he has a monitor with a different pixel density, and your picturebox is configured to resize itself to fit, or the Windows Forms autoscaling is in play. If it's autoscaling, you're going to have to mess with a lot of things to find a solution.

If it's the picturebox, then setting SizeMode to anything but AutoSize will probably work. That tells it to set its size based on the size of the image, not the size you gave it. You probably want one of the other values.

If it's autoscaling, you have a lot to read, because Windows Forms is older than both of us and doesn't do very well with modern displays.
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.