Thread: [RESOLVED] Special Form Style

PowerPoster

Resolved [RESOLVED] Special Form Style

How do I make a Form with a Titlebar that has no icon and 2 buttons; one button with a ? and the other a normal close button

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Re: Special Form Style

Ok, I found out how to do the 'What's This' (?) button so all I need to know is how to get rid of the icon

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Never mind, I got it

Form Properties:

BorderStyle = 3 - Fixed Dialog
    ControlBox = True
    MaxButton = False
    MinButton = False

Put following code in Form Module

Code:
    Private Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long

Private Const WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP = &H400
    Private Const GWL_STYLE = (-16)
    Private Const GWL_EXSTYLE = (-20)

Private Sub Form_Load()
     Dim nStyleEx As Long

nStyleEx = GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)
     nStyleEx = nStyleEx Or WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP
     SetWindowLong hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, nStyleEx
       '
       '
       '
    End Sub
    Last edited by jmsrickland; Mar 15th, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    Never mind, I got it
    And when somebody else with the same problem finds this thread, they'll be really happy for you....
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...

My VB6 love-children: Vee-Hive and Vee-Launcher

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] Special Form Style

Updated post above

PowerPoster

No Min/Max - BorderStyle: 3 - Fixed Dialog
    No Icon - Delete the Icon
    Question Button - WhatsThisButton: True

PowerPoster

So simple. Much better than the code. Thanks, very helpful

I tried deleting the icon on a previous attempt but all it did was remove VB's icon and replace it with a default system icon (similar to the one you see for an exe file). I guess at that time I must have had the Form as either a 1 or 2. Didn't enter my mind to make it a 3 (duh ) and I had no idea about the 'WhatsThisButton' Property.