Thread: PropertyAccessor with Outlook 2007 and Office 365 mail server

PropertyAccessor with Outlook 2007 and Office 365 mail server

Hi,

I developed an Outlook 2007 add-in in vb.net that saves emails to a database and moves attachments to a folder. In order to exclude embedded images (linkedin links etc.)/signatures I use the PropertyAccessor.GetProperty to get the PR_ATTACH_CONTENT_ID property, empty being a real attachment. This has always worked fine on a Windows 2012 server and an own Exchange mail server. Now we have migrated to a new Windows 2012 R2 server and Office 365 mail server, still using Outlook 2007. Everything still works except for the attachments. The PR_ATTACH_CONTENT_ID property now always contains a value so I cannot differentiate between a real attachment and embedded images. I have tried the ATTACH_CONTENT_LOCATION property but this is always empty.
    Is there another way to achieve this in Outlook 2007 and Office 365? I really need some help on this one.

Thanks in advance,
    Gerry.

Re: PropertyAccessor with Outlook 2007 and Office 365 mail server

I think I have solved it. I check the property PR_ATTACH_FLAGS = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x37140003"
    It seems that embedded images have a value of 4. Can anyone please confirm that this is a reliable method?
    Thanks.