Thread: ######### Naming a new software company - REQUESTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS #########

Post ######### Naming a new software company - REQUESTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS #########

Hi guys,

Me and my brother together with a few friends are about to start a software company. But we are having a situation of choosing the company name.
    We will be mainly focusing on webapplication development, though we will be providing other services.

We thought about asking suggestions for a new name from friends and family. Hence, we created a Google Form to accept your valuable suggestions for the name.

Please visit this Google Form and suggest some names:

CLICK HERE TO SUGGEST A NAME

Thank you.

NOTE: Please be kind enough to suggest names via the above Google Form link. It will help us to keep track of the names and later would be able to shortlist some names and finally pick one.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: ######### Naming a new software company - REQUESTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS #########

Would this be a local company with a local clientele, or would it be seeking a more international exposure? The reason I ask is that it seems like a company with a local clientele might benefit from using a name that incorporates local, cultural reference.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: ######### Naming a new software company - REQUESTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS #########

I want to start a company just so I can call it Bovine Solutions - Put the BS in your plans. Or Bovine Solution - Make BS work for you. Or Bovine Solutions - BS is our bread and butter.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Call it HashTagHashTagHashTagTashHagTagHashHashTag.

Or just ############## for short, since you like hash tags and think it gains prominence.

Or just AAA. Or Goggle (oops! Taken).
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Yotamarker

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    We will be mainly focusing on webapplication development, ...
    How about ArachnidSoft? (SpiderSoft is unfortunately taken already.)

On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

GLOWES global web solutions
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

UNISYS
    universal systems solution
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

My middle name is Philip and I always say "Philip with one L" when giving people my full name to write down. When I was working for myself, my business name was Wunnell Development, ironically spelt with two Ls. I like names created in such ways.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

My limited company is called TopOut Software. Topping out is when you get to the top of a climb and climb up onto the path/slop/whatever at the top instead of being lowered off by your belayer. It's kind of an in-joke way of saying success.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    My middle name is Philip and I always say "Philip with one L" when giving people my full name to write down. When I was working for myself, my business name was Wunnell Development, ironically spelt with two Ls. I like names created in such ways.
    Nice!
    I've noticed that the US is a bit sparse on such humor, in general.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

You can name your company whatever you want. But I call dibs on Roman Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    You can name your company whatever you want. But I call dibs on Roman Entertainment
    A business based on binge eating and vomiting, or feeding various groups to hungry animals?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    A business based on binge eating and vomiting, or feeding various groups to hungry animals?
    BiVo? BinVo? BinVom?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Apparently Google Docs have never heard of word wrap!
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I want to start a company just so I can call it Bovine Solutions - Put the BS in your plans. Or Bovine Solution - Make BS work for you. Or Bovine Solutions - BS is our bread and butter.

-tg
    LOL I use to joke with my wife that I was going to open a furniture store and call it "Sofa King". Advertisements would be along the lines of: "Our prices aren't just low they're Sofa King low, you'll be amazed". NOTE: You might have to say it out loud to get it.