Thread: Computer creates a music.

PowerPoster

Computer creates a music.

Hi everyone!
    In addition to programming i create music. I love 8-bit music that was in old console like NES or computers like ZX-Spectrum.
    Long ago i was doing the virtual composer program that creates 8-bit music, but didn't finish it. I even published the links to the demo tracks (here and here). Now i've finished it also i've added the my synthesizers into it and the presets banks. This program is written in VB6.
    Of course it isn't really music (due to "buggy" algorithm that i had created long ago when i can't created a music and I badly programmed), but you can "play" with them. Sometimes it create quite not-bad tracks .
    In order to create new track you should think up the track name and set them to Name field. If this field is empty it is filled with random number. Considering the name program creates new track (it calculates hash value that uses as seed of the random generator), i.e. the name of the track identifies the track. Tempo field sets the music tempo. Right click on the track - open the synthesizer properties. You can change parameters to change sound. Left click on a pattern - show pattern. I don't implement any errors handlers therefore you shouldn't enter "bad" values (like 0 for tempo) because program can crashes.
    Program also can hangs (due to "buggy" algorithm) when you create track.
    Have fun!

Re: Computer creates a music.

Very cool Trick!

What kind of algoritme did you use to generate melody lines?
    Without using random notes?

Just being curious and I don't have any knowledge about music patterns..

Quote Originally Posted by The trick View Post
    Sometimes it create quite not-bad tracks
    That's the most awesomely, half-hearted endorsement I've seen in a long time.

But why did you post this in Chit-Chat? Seems like this is more of a Utilities thread, to me.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That's the most awesomely, half-hearted endorsement I've seen in a long time.

But why did you post this in Chit-Chat? Seems like this is more of a Utilities thread, to me.
    Agree, but its kinda off topic fi you think of it...
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example. •
    •
    •

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Can you tell the difference between Bach and RoboBach?
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/23/1...h-deepbach-csl

Deep-Learning Machine Listens to Bach, Then Writes Its Own Music in the Same Style:
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...he-same-style/

PowerPoster

But why did you post this in Chit-Chat?
    Sorry. I just searched a flame thread but not found.
    Arnoutdv, i use simple algorithm. I'm working on the new version 2 that uses other algorithm (more complex). The current version allows to make the skeleton of song and then you can improve track in any DAW by exporting a track to MIDI.
    I want to stress - anyone who wants to use a melody from generator can make it without any restrictions as well change it in DAW. All the songs that are generated by TrickComposer belong to people and are free.
    We have the group in VK where we collect most of the interested track. Anyone can post tracks.

seen something loke this on the news, and how some major artists are using something like this interesting concept.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example. •
    •
    •

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Agreed, although I was thinking of a CodeBand thread.

(Ha .. how's that for a typo .. should be CodeBank)

PowerPoster

LOL, it is good. It creates some songs that are better than some commercial songs.

Lively Member

I just found this FUN piece and it made me feel like the new Pharrell williams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_Lmb0-aTk

check out this tune: g8tJesus
    i bet Pharrell could have used that too and just adding some random words .. "shinning .. great ... Light... Jesus .. down .. through .. " hehe

Quote Originally Posted by DracullSoft View Post
    I just found this FUN piece and it made me feel like the new Pharrell williams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_Lmb0-aTk

check out this tune: g8tJesus
    i bet Pharrell could have used that too and just adding some random words .. "shinning .. great ... Light... Jesus .. down .. through .. " hehe
    Cool

The Idiot

amazing work the trick,
    its not just a 8bit track-composer, but much more, a complex sound-generator that could compare to a professional synthesizer program!