dcsimg

Thread: Searching for an Apple Desktop App

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Searching for an Apple Desktop App

I have a collection of about 10,000 photos taken in my travels to various countries and they have been set up to be randomly shown as my desktop picture. My problem is that I often don't remember where the photo in use was taken and I'm hoping to find a way or an app that would display that location in a corner of the wallpaper. The 'Photos' app knows where they were taken so it should be possible. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Searching for an Apple Desktop App

There is a good chance that it is stored inside the picture file, such as in EXIF for Jpeg files, and you should be able to get that reasonably easily.

If you right-click on one of the files and go to Properties, on the Details tab it is likely to contain that information (but perhaps only as Lat/Long, which would need a lookup).

You can get EXIF data using code, eg: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...a-with-WIA-2-0
    ...and I'm sure there are several lookup services online that you could call via code to convert Lat/Long to a location name.

Re: Searching for an Apple Desktop App

That's fair enough, unfortunately I didn't find anything useful in a quick search... hopefully somebody else can help.