Thread: SelectedRows Always 0

Fanatic Member

SelectedRows Always 0

searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows.Count always says 0 even when I click on a row. I have the selection mode set to FullRowSelect. Any ideas?
    vb Code:
    1. If String.IsNullOrEmpty(JC.Global.StudyForm.filename) And searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows.Count > 0 Then
    2.             JC.Global.StudyForm.defaultFilename = searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value.ToString()
    3.         End If
    I use VB .NET 2022. Currently developing StudyX educational software, PlazSales POS system and Yargis a space ship shooter game.

Re: SelectedRows Always 0

What sort of grid is it exactly? I'm guessing a DataGridView but I don't see where you've actually made that clear. What happens if you select multiple rows? Also, do you really care about SelectedRows? Do you maybe just want the CurrentRow regardless?

Fanatic Member

It is a DataGridView.

searchResultsDataGrid.CurrentRow = Nothing
    I use VB .NET 2022. Currently developing StudyX educational software, PlazSales POS system and Yargis a space ship shooter game.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by rex64 View Post
    searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows.Count always says 0 even when I click on a row. I have the selection mode set to FullRowSelect. Any ideas?
    vb Code:
    1. If String.IsNullOrEmpty(JC.Global.StudyForm.filename) And searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows.Count > 0 Then
    2.             JC.Global.StudyForm.defaultFilename = searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value.ToString()
    3.         End If
    Where is this code located? Which Event/Procedure/Function? How do you know SelectedRows.Count is 0, where do you test it?

Fanatic Member

I put a brake point on the line inside of the If statement:
    searchResultsDataGrid.CurrentRow = Nothing

vb Code:
    1. Private Sub btnAdd_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click
    2. If String.IsNullOrEmpty(JC.Global.StudyForm.filename) Then
    3.                 JC.Global.StudyForm.defaultFilename = searchResultsDataGrid.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value.ToString 'searchResultsDataGrid.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value.ToString()
    4.             End If
    5. End Sub

Fanatic Member

I found the problem. I am dumb. I moved this to the bottom of my function and added a comment. This was the issue:
    vb Code:
    1. 'User is done with this form. EXITS. LOL <<<<<<<<<<<<
    2.         Close()