Thread: Come lavorare con Java - How to work with Java

Lively Member

Come lavorare con Java - How to work with Java

Hello everyone my name is Maurizio and my problem is this: more than a real problem I would like to know this! I would like to learn the fundamentals of working with Java. But since not nor understand absolutely nothing; and saw that I was derived mainly from cis languages said to subjects like VB6 and VBA, there would be the possibility of having a full Suite of Utility Objects in Java just like you using Visual Basic 6.0 for example. Itself so I could provide the Link where I can download all these thing so I can start using right away that program with the Java language! Thanks for all the help you can give me about; Sincere greetings from a. Maurizio

Traslation
    ----------------
    Ciao a tutti mi chiamo Maurizio e il mio problema e questo : più che un problema vero e proprio Io vorrei sapere questo ! io Vorrei Imparare le basi fondamentali per lavorare con Java. Però visto che non né capisco assolutamente nulla ; e visto chè Io derivo principalmente da dei linguaggi cis detti ad Oggetti come il VB6 e il VBA , non ci sarebbe la possibilità d'avere in Java una Suite completa di Oggetti Utility proprio come si ha usando il Visual Basic 6.0 ad esempio. Sé cosi Fosse mi potreste fornire dei Link dove io possa scaricare tutte queste cosa in modo che io possa incominciare ad usare sin da subito tale programma con linguaggio Java ! Grazie per tutto l'aiuto che riuscirete a fornirmi in merito ; Sinceri Saluti da A.Maurizio

Re: Come lavorare con Java - How to work with Java

I recommend you the next book: Thinking in Java (4th Edition): Bruce Eckel.
    “Thinking in Java should be read cover to cover by every Java programmer, then kept close at hand for frequent reference. The exercises are challenging, and the chapter on Collections is superb! Not only did this book help me to pass the Sun Certified Java Programmer exam; it’s also the first book I turn to whenever I have a Java question.”

Re: Come lavorare con Java - How to work with Java

i realize this is an older thread, but i just finished a java programming class and i can tell you what we did.
    The best programming environments are Eclipse and Netbeans (for pc). Eclipse is no longer in development so use netbeans. There is really not a requirement to have an ide to develop with, but it helps immensely. Learn the fundamentals first: console input and output. The reason is java really is completely object oriented. Reading and writing to any IO device is done exactly the same way with the same functions (although in java they are called methods). You jsut pass what stream you opened as a parameter. Then when you move on to graphics, completely ignore swing and awt as they are no longer supported. Javafx is fully featured and supports a lot of built-in transitions such as scaling, rotating, z-order. The thing you will learn simultaneously is events, which is what java uses to know when you've done something or something triggers such as a timeline (similar to a timer).
    finally learn error catching because it's required to have some for various functions such as file access.

I know vb inside and out, but i like java better. Once you learn the basics, you see it's incredibly logical and there are things you just "know" will work without anyone telling you. For example there's a stream reader designed for objects but annoyingly doesn't have a built-in for strings (yes, in java, strings are objects - everything is except primitive numbers) so i opened a stream reader to a file like i would normally have to the keyboard, and surprise, it worked.
    good luck!
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell