Thread: VB 2013 Creating New Object And Moving Its Location From Another Object In Its Class

Question VB 2013 Creating New Object And Moving Its Location From Another Object In Its Class

I am currently working on a project where I programmed a button to create a new picture.

Dim newpicture As New PictureBox
    newpicture.Width = 75
    newpicture.Height = 75
    newpicture.Location = New Point(30, 30)

However, now later in my project, I am in need of changing the new object's location.
    How can I do this easily? Is there a way that I can have the new objects be added to the class?

-BTW I have to keep the newly added objects because more than just one is added in my project.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: VB 2013 Creating New Object And Moving Its Location From Another Object In Its Cl

FYI - You can keep the formatting of your code by using code tags:
    [CODE]Dim newpicture As New PictureBox
    newpicture.Width = 75
    newpicture.Height = 75
    newpicture.Location = New Point(30, 30)[/CODE]

Will render like such:
    Code:
    Dim newpicture As New PictureBox
    newpicture.Width = 75
    newpicture.Height = 75
    newpicture.Location = New Point(30, 30)
    As far as setting the dynamically created object's property, you'll need to reference the object somehow. This can be done by adding a name and using the Find method on a ControlCollection.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Sinecure devotee

Re: VB 2013 Creating New Object And Moving Its Location From Another Object In Its Cl

Personally, I would just maintain my own list of Picturebox, and add the pictureboxes to the list when I created them, but then I tend to access things by an index, not by name.

Thank you a lot! Everything you've told me sounds like what I am in need of. But What would the codes look like to do that?

A List(of Picturebox) at form level is probably what Passel is describing. An alternative would be a Dictionary(of something, Picturebox). In the case of the Dictionary, you can use whatever you want as the key, whether an integer, a string, an Enum value, or whatever.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing