Thread: purchase windows 7

Frenzied Member

Question purchase windows 7

hi ,

I tried to buy windows 7 enterprise or ultimate from the following website . but it seems not available at the following website .
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-key=windows-7
    can anyone tell me what are the other options to buy windows 7 online ? .let me know any help would be highly appreciated .

Re: purchase windows 7

Looks like you can buy it from Amazon. Make sure you pick a reputable seller and pick the version that best fits your needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Profes...ords=windows+7
    My usual boring signature: Something

Frenzied Member

Is there no way to purchase from Microsoft website ? . last four year before i purchase it from microsoft store . but now windows 10 is available to sale . I did not see any option to buy from there .

PowerPoster

Windows 7 has not been available for retail sale for quite a long time now. Very few OEMs are even allowed to ship it preinstalled today, so you're probably left with finding somebody having old stock to sell.

If this is a for a newer machine you may want to be sure Win7 drivers are available for your hardware. If for an old machine from the XP era you may as well give up since few of those ever did get proper Vista/Win7 driver support. If your old box has a discrete video adapter you might be able to replace it though and move ahead if the sound and network components have Win7 drivers.

However Win7 support ends in just a hair over 4 years anyway. Sort of late to be buying a ticket on that train.

Even in Windows XP's heyday these things started becoming moving targets. Basically you needed to buy a new PC to get a new OS and if you were lucky you might be able to upgrade to the next release. This isn't so true today, which is why you see all sorts of whinging from Windows 10 "upgraders" while those who bought new PCs with Win10 preinstalled by a major OEM barely utter a whimper.

Lots of the newer low-end Windows boxes can't even support Windows 7 directly. These ship with UEFI firmware instead of a legacy BIOS and often have small eMMC drives soldered to the motherboard as the boot drive and normally require Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. Some of them can be set to emulate legacy-mode booting but then the eMMC device becomes dead weight and you have to install Windows 7 onto a separate drive.