dcsimg

Thread: Is there a way to reference Wine libraries from a C# program running in Mono?

Addicted Member

Is there a way to reference Wine libraries from a C# program running in Mono?

I'm developing a program for Linux/Unix users. I need to use a library of some sort to accomplish something I cannot presently accomplish. What I'd like to do is see if I can use Wine to run a Windows library.
    Do not read this sentence.
    You read that last one, didn't you?
    Darn. You now read the previous two.

Check out my pins on Pinterest!

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Re: Is there a way to reference Wine libraries from a C# program running in Mono?

What I'd like to do is see if I can use Wine to run a Windows library.
    Well inherently that doesn't make sense if you think about it, your compiled app wont be running on Windows, so even if you could get a reference to this windows library it likely wouldn't work in Linux as the OS is fundamentally different. Also you would need to some way of distributing that Windows component with your app which for a number of reasons could prove a problem.

Why don't you tell us what you want to accomplish and see if we can give any suggestions?
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you