Thread: Visual Studio crashes when building or debugging a specific project

Visual Studio crashes when building or debugging a specific project

Unexpectedly, Visual Studio 2012 crashes every time I'm trying to debug or build a specific project. That doesn't happen with any other projects of mine, only with this one.

I also noticed that it only crashes when I edit the code. It doesn't crash when I debug without making any changes. Another thing I noticed is that VS doesn't crash if I rebuild the project before debugging.

As I'm keeping backups of the project from time to time, I tried loading the latest one to see if the same thing happens but it doesn't. It debugs and builds without any problem at all. The thing is that I haven't made any noticable changes since the latest backup in order to cause such a problem. The only changes I made were changing the location and adding some controls in one of my forms, editing a simple function and writing a custom combobox in GDI+. That's all!

Is it possible to specify the cause of this problem?
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Visual Studio crashes when building or debugging a specific project

We dont have magical powers to see your code.

Re: Visual Studio crashes when building or debugging a specific project

Quote Originally Posted by ident View Post
    We dont have magical powers to see your code.
    That's because it would be useless to post the whole source code here, it's huge, noone would spend so much time to read it line by line.
    I'm asking if there is a way to track the cause of the problem in general. Y U ALWAYS SO RUDE IDENT?!