Fanatic Member

google authenticator 2fa

im using GoogleAuthenticator from this URL
    Code:
    https://github.com/PHPGangsta/GoogleAuthenticator
    when i run its example. i get following output

Code:
    Secret is: GJZSJG3PXEL2CVU2

Google Charts URL for the QR-Code: https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=200x200&chld=M|0&cht=qr&chl=otpauth%3A%2F%2Ftotp%2FBlog%3Fsecret%3DGJZSJG3PXEL2CVU2

Checking Code '870986' and Secret 'GJZSJG3PXEL2CVU2':
    it return Checking Code '870986' in numbers only. I want to know how can i get it in AlphaNumeric?

Re: google authenticator 2fa

If I am not mistaken, Google Authenticator only gives numeric digits, not alphanumeric.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Google Authenticator only gives numeric digits, not alphanumeric.

Very sad :-(

But is it possible to add some code into it and get it done? Or is there any other library that can do same task with alphanumeric code?

You can create your own two factor authentication system. You would need the person's email address or phone number as a second form of authentication.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    You can create your own two factor authentication system. You would need the person's email address or phone number as a second form of authentication.

Yes you are right but he want me to use any existing library for this. Not to create own code

What's wrong with Google's authenticator? So it gives the code in numerics only.... OK... so what?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    What's wrong with Google's authenticator? So it gives the code in numerics only.... OK... so what?

-tg
    It is working fine. But client is now saying he want alphabatic code not numeric :-(

With numbers it is very good.

Im using it for otp one time password

Ungh... then you need a different authenticator... not that it will make one bit of difference. Most I've seen, and I use several, all produce a numeric code.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Ungh... then you need a different authenticator... not that it will make one bit of difference. Most I've seen, and I use several, all produce a numeric code.

-tg
    for numeric OTP only this authenticator is good? If client accept it with numbers only then this is OK?

Do you know any other easy authenticator for alphanumeric?