Thread: Screen shot? Clients that miss the mark

Screen shot? Clients that miss the mark

Customer is having a problem - entering some data that is blowing up a SQL insert. I must be letting some bad data through...

I asked for a screen shot and I got a photo of the monitor! School nurse so I got post-it's with kid's allergies!!

It might work if it wasn't for the background window glare and the angle of the shot - argh!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Screen shot? Clients that miss the mark

As if one today wasn't enough...

Client calls and tells me they closed a receipt batch and got no cash offset entry.

Now this makes no sense as this code is a decade old - always works - receipt batches are constantly posted.

I'm busy so I decide to simply change the BatchStat to O (open) and have her try to close it again.

She reports back that there is still no cash offset entry.

She asks - could it be because the batch is for $0.00?

I honestly do not know what to say!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Sounds like school nurse is disclosing confidential patient data over unsecured* channels! And you just shared that with the internet. Oh dear.

* Note: Post-It notes are actually totally secure until you photograph them, it's something to do with Polaroids but the details are lost to history.
    Last edited by wossname; Sep 15th, 2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Cannot fully articulate the ... whatjamacallit
    I don't live here any more.

PHI!!!

HIPAA violation!!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Simple math - posting a receipt against an outstanding balance reduces the balance.

Accidently charge someone - follow the above logic and post a factitious receipt.

Ask the client if they have a validated deposit slip for the receipt.... Mention that normally their boss will deduct the money from their paycheck if they don't have a validated deposit.... and watch them squirm.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

That sounds like a violation of both HIPAA and FERPA. I am calling the US Government.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    That sounds like a violation of both HIPAA and FERPA. I am calling the US Government.
    No, this needs to go higher up. Call PBS.

They are on their way. I took photos of this from my Polaroid as evidence.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Time to post the screenshot so that we can take a picture of the screen showing the screenshot and post it here...
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Did you think I was kidding? It's some kind Apple device on top of it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I should have been suspicious when the error message was first reported on Friday - with this screen shot - I actually let it go that the image was all askew!

I told them I needed to see the whole screen - she said she had a picture showing more!

I wish I was making this stuff up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Did you think I was kidding? It's some kind Apple device on top of it!
    Oh god, beige wallpaper?

What kind of medical care do you have over there? It's barbaric.

Fanatic Member

Way back in time, doing tech support over the phone :

- Insert the disk in the floppy drive , type dir then press Enter. What does it say?

- It says it cannot read the disk .....

- Ahummm... Insert the disk into floppy drive and close the door latch....

True story!

I tricked my brother into thinking that you could draw on the computer screen with your pen and it would show up in paint(about a 13 years ago) and needless to say my dad was none to happy with us.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

I considered re-writing the lyrics for "It's HIPAA to be Square", but there wasn't enough meat to make a funny song out of it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing