Thread: Texas Football Players Hit Referee

Texas Football Players Hit Referee

In case y'all didn't see it:

I'm reading articles saying that describing the tackles as vicious and barbaric attacks which I don't agree with. What those two boys did is completely unnecessary and they deserved to be reprimanded, however it looks like news reporters(I'm referring to the Yahoo! news article) are trying to make this bigger than it is. The ramifications should be pretty straight forward, the two players should not be allowed to played high school sports any longer and the referee should make a decision on whether or not to press criminal and or civil charges against them. What do y'all think?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Texas Football Players Hit Referee

I think it's Texas. I agree with your analysis, though. That should be the end of sports for them.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Watching it my gut reaction is that you're 100% right. This looks like plain old aussalt to me so they should certainly be banned and they should probably face criminal charges.

I'm keenly aware that I don't know the context of this, though. Why did they hit him?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I'm reading articles saying that describing the tackles as vicious and barbaric attacks which I don't agree with.
    I wouldn't call the tackle viscous or barbaric, just a stupid assault on the ref!

I'm keenly aware that I don't know the context of this, though. Why did they hit him?
    What context do you need? he is a referee and the players hit him!!!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

An assistant coach for John Jay High in San Antonio is alleged to have said, “this guy needs to pay for cheating us” before two John players appeared to target and intentionally hit a football official during Friday’s game.
    The district said the incident that has gained national attention – including a video that has gone viral – might have been caused by missed calls. The players alleged the umpire used racial slurs toward them.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...4uBm?li=AA54yf
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

What context do you need? he is a referee and the players hit him!!!
    I was assuming they didn't just do it for a larf. I figured there'd some some motive.

An assistant coach for John Jay High in San Antonio is alleged to have said, “this guy needs to pay for cheating us”
    might have been caused by missed calls. The players alleged the umpire used racial slurs toward them.
    That's the sort of thing I was expecting. So they felt wronged and went after him. That's a ridiculously low bar to decide to carry out an assault. And if the coach actually put the players up to it that's really disturbing.

The worst thing I could see there would be the possible racism but that's still nowhere near enough to merit attacking him like that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd