Thread: Question for Developers

Question for Developers

Go easy on me since I don't do code... I support the software that my company makes.

We're almost finished building this huge web based accounting package.

There's a type of function in several areas of the software that looks like the attached screenshot. In this screenshot, we "assign" users to a security group.

In this example, I can move any group to the "Assigned" box except the one called Accounting Clerk. I highlight Accounting Clerk and as soon as I click the -> (arrow) I crash and burn with an Internal Error.

The hard part - I'm the ONLY person out of many that has this issue and it only happens with Chrome on my Win 7 pro machine.

I've uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it but no joy. I only have one extension running in Chrome and disabling that doesn't help.

The developers have given up on this since they can't recreate it... I can understand that but am thinking a head and don't want to have to tell people to use a different browser to do some things.

I asked one of the developers what language the software is written in and she said C# and that we also use java script and HTML5 for browsers...

Any thoughts on this are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Question for Developers

If this is in Chrome then you're looking at a JavaScript issue (unless it is doing a post-back). The only thing I could recommend would be to hit F12 and open the console.

Then select "Accounting Clerk" and click "->" and see what the error message is. Simply because it is at the bottom of the list, my first guess would it is an index issue, but if it is only happening for you, that seems like an odd conclusion.

You can also check the "Network" tab when you click the "->" to see if it is doing a post-back to the server.

Re: Question for Developers

Thank you. I'll take a look and probably forward your notes..
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.