Thread: Simple 3-Way Splitter

PowerPoster

Simple 3-Way Splitter

This is a very simple 3-way splitter project. It uses the Form instead of Pictureboxes as the splitter bars.

Any thoughts about improving it are welcomed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Re: Simple 3-Way Splitter

Nice, but i don't understand the need of this line SendMessage Text1.hwnd, EM_SCROLL, SB_BOTTOM, 0

PowerPoster

I described it in the Form. If you want to use it OK, if not OK, but it keeps the scrollbar at the bottom of the textbox. This has nothing to do with the splitter code it was just there from the project I stripped this code from so I thought I would leave it in case someone wants it.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Yes, i have read this comment
    Code:
    ' Function to keep Vertical Scrollbar at bottom of Textbox
    but i don't understand its meaning, that is, How Vertical Scrollbar can be at bottom of Textbox?

Sorry for off topic!

PowerPoster

Fill textbox with many lines and you will see it stays at bottom so you can always see last line entered.

I used this because when I was getting responses from a server (the project I stripped this code from) I wanted to always see the server's last response so you keep the vertical scrollbar at bottom of textbox.

I know there are other ways to see last line entered like reversing the text so last line shows at top of textbox, etc but this was my preference.