Hi All

New here and hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a random number generator macro that I use in Excel to generate a sequence of numbers to see how long it takes to match to my selected set of numbers to a generated set of numbers. Problem is, with larger number sets it takes forever to complete with Excel so hoping if someone can put something together using VB that will work a lot faster?

I've included a .jpg attachment so you can see what I'm referring to when I explain what I need the generator to do. Here goes.

Cells E2:F2 is the number range. For this example I've used 1 - 100, but this range can be 1 - 20, 100 - 1000 etc.

Cell E5 is how many numbers I will be using in the sequence of numbers. For this example I've selected 5, but can use anywhere from 1 - 10

Cells A8:J8 is the random number generator, without duplicates. Again for this example I've used 5.

Cells A11:J11 is my sequence of numbers that I'm trying to match. It is important that the sequence of the numbers is matched as well as the value.

Cell L11 is the count of how many random sets of numbers it took to match my set of numbers.

Continue generating random sets of numbers.

Cells A14:J14 is my second set of numbers, again it is important that the sequence of the numbers is matched as well as the value.

Cell L14 is the count of how many random sets of numbers it took to match my 2nd set of numbers AFTER my first set had been matched. In my example my second set of numbers where matched after an additional 584,789 sets of numbers had been generated after my first set of numbers were matched.

After my 2nd set of numbers is matched, continue generating random sets of numbers for the count of L14 (in this example 584,789) and place the value of the final set of generated numbers (set number 584,789) in cells A17:J17.

Hope my explanation is clear enough? Any questions I will try to answer right away, thanks

Attachment 129595Name:  Random.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  38.5 KB