dcsimg

Thread: Windows 10 - Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

Windows 10 - Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

Good Day, ANy help here would be greatly appreciated !

I installed VB, and SP6 with Office 2010, When I Run on my previous machine Win 7 it work fine, I reference Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Object Library (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSOUTL.OLB)

On my new machine Win 10 I see the reference is ----> Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Object Library (C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSOUTL.OLB)

I tried to get Office installed in a different folder but it still install in Program Files (X86)

Any help out there on how to get this fixed ?

Thanks

PowerPoster

Re: Windows 10 - Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

It would seem that your old system was 32 bit and the new one is 64 bit

32 bit programs install under the program files(x86) folder on 64 bit systems.

If the reference in your program is correct then that should not be an issue.

Thanks, This is very weird, on a 64 bit machine, where would Office install to ? Program Files ?

PowerPoster

Like I said 32 bit programs install under program files(x86) on 64 bit systems. This is totally normal and expected behavior

Fanatic Member

All 64-bit programs will install under C:\Program Files.
    All 32-bit programs will install under C:\Program Files (x86).

This is "By Design", i.e. it's perfectly normal for "bigger" versions of Windows.

Regards, Phill W.

PowerPoster

Well I'd say "fatter" versions but...

It is a rare program that makes any use of type libraries at run time. In normal scenarios they are just additional IDE and compiler inputs, like a form of source code.

Most likely you have some other program bug and you're just trying to look for it where you think "the light is good."

I am still getting this error, thinking of going back to win 7 now Tested it with Office 32 and 64 bit but still no luck. What can this be ? searched the net and seems like there are no answers...

Maybe back up a few steps.
    1. Post the routine that is generating the error
    2. Highight the specific line that is causing the error

What happens when you press Ctrl+F5 to start your project? Does it stop in the same place or elsewhere? If elsewhere, would be helpful to show that code also.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Hi, I think I am getting somewhere...

the code is pretty simple as a sample...

#Reference I use is "Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Object Library

Dim oOApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim oOMail As Outlook.MailItem

Set oOApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set oOMail = oOApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With oOMail

.To = "test@test.co.za" 'Text1.Text <------ getting error in this line in second iteration
    .Subject = "Test"
    .Body = "Mesage"

.Send

End With
    End Sub

What i have discovered is that when I run the code when I am not connected to the internet, it work 100% and places a new mail in my outbox. However, the moment I connect to the internet it gives me the ActiveX Component Can't Create Object ?

Any ideas here ?

Thanks

To ensure that the code work on ANY Office version, you need to use Late-binding.
    Replace this:

Code:
    Dim oOApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim oOMail As Outlook.MailItem

with this:

Code:
    Dim oOApp As Object
    Dim oOMail As Object