Thread: Meetings

Meetings

So, we were in a meeting discussing spare parts for our system with the Japanese guys. They flew over especially. They had some bad news, too, that some parts on our 4 year old equipment are obsolete.

My boss said, 'that's one hell of a bomb you just dropped on us'.

It was tough to keep a straight face.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Re: Meetings

We were having a meeting about how our group was organized. One guy said, "we all fill each others holes...."

Nobody could think of a viable reply.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    So, we were in a meeting discussing spare parts for our system with the Japanese guys. They flew over especially. They had some bad news, too, that some parts on our 4 year old equipment are obsolete.

My boss said, 'that's one hell of a bomb you just dropped on us'.

It was tough to keep a straight face.
    That's a good one.

Those situations are golden if you are not the one with their foot in their mouth.
    I don't live here any more.

So I finally landed a job as a Wal-Mart greeter, unfortunately I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. Per my greeter training manual I said pleasantly, “Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.” “Nice children you have there. Are they twins?”

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, “He** no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one is 9, and the other one is 7. Why the he** would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?”
    So I replied, “I’m neither blind nor stupid, madam. I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.”

My supervisor said I probably wasn’t cut out for this line of work.

PowerPoster

Well after all it was Wal-Mart. Last time I drove by one of those there seemed to be enough carnies and transients lurking about the parking lot to start an online dating site. I'm sure plenty were blind or high enough on meth and paint thinner fumes to be considered blind, thus her odds might be pretty good.

Frenzied Member

Name:  XzUSs8O5Oj.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  114.5 KB

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    And yet here you are at VBF.
    I don't live here any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    So I finally landed a job as a Wal-Mart greeter, unfortunately I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. Per my greeter training manual I said pleasantly, “Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.” “Nice children you have there. Are they twins?”

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, “He** no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one is 9, and the other one is 7. Why the he** would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?”
    So I replied, “I’m neither blind nor stupid, madam. I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.”

I literally LOL'd!!!

and dont forget the primary requirement to shop at wallmart is you have to wear your pajamas in order to get in the door
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6