dcsimg

Thread: Windows 10 Solitaire ads: $9.99 yearly, or $1.49 a month removes them! Woo-hoo!

Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar

Thumbs up Windows 10 Solitaire ads: $9.99 yearly, or $1.49 a month removes them! Woo-hoo!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't see myself having to skip advertisements every time I launch Solitaire. Do the math... paying $1.49 a month comes out to $17.88 a year. Paying the $9.99 yearly fee is a bargain!

This doesn't mean Windows 10 would stop sharing data about what you do on and offline with Microsoft by upgrading Solitaire, but you'll surely feel great knowing you're able to afford this!

Name:  Solitaire.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  24.6 KB

So, who's upgrading Solitaire after upgrading to Windows 10? Are ya gonna try Windows 10?

Here's some positive news to motivate the upgrade:
    -BBC News, Windows 10: Microsoft respects privacy, more bang for the buck!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Aug 1st, 2015 at 05:57 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: Windows 10 Solitaire ads: $9.99 yearly, or $1.49 a month removes them! Woo-hoo!

Wait for the next update, when Explorer begins displaying these ransom notes too!

Nothing like a "free OS update" eh?

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Re: Windows 10 Solitaire ads: $9.99 yearly, or $1.49 a month removes them! Woo-hoo!

A deck of cards costs like 50 cents and doesn't require a 450 watt power supply.
    I don't live here any more.

PowerPoster

Might be 450 watts of "worth it" if it makes him appear to be working when the boss cruises the cube farm.

Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar

Windows 7 is it for me. Within a few days I'm resurrecting an XP machine for a friend.

Just too bad for the PC industry, because this will surely hurt them, but at least alot of old capable computers will find some use again.

Just the fact that the operating system (and Solitaire has been part of the OS for a long time) has adverts is a big no-no. I hate ads. They are part of a worthless scum sucking business.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Ok, so MS has found a way to tax people who are bad at math. I'm not sure our economy can withstand that, but I'm ok with the concept. However, I would point out that you could buy a Hoyle games pack and get LOTS of card games for probably about what they are charging for a year.

I don't like the idea of forced ads, but I'm not at all opposed to seeing the bundled games being removed from Windows. That was always a bit on the weird side to begin with. Bundling a calculator makes sense, but bundling something like Solitaire did harm to society. How many people now believe that Solitaire is the name of a single, particular, type of card game? Furthermore, it is only one solitaire game, whereas there are probably dozens of them. If you want to play cards on your computer, just buy some card game package and you'll get far more than just one or two games.

MS had a Solitaire package for Metro. It doesn't foce ads on you, but it does give you a nag screen offering to let you cheat for the price of watching an ad. That's just wrong. Cheating at solitaire is done.....why?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Do the math... paying $1.49 a month comes out to $17.88 a year. Paying the $9.99 yearly fee is a bargain!
    Yes moving from paying nothing to paying $9.99 is definitely a bargain, i am always looking at services i used to get for free and seeing how i can now pay for them!

More seriously though you can get tons of free games on the internet why would you pay for a crappy game like Solitaire?
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you