Trouble with ADODB and Access (DATAGRID), after deleting an entry it shows nothing-VBForums

Thread: Trouble with ADODB and Access (DATAGRID), after deleting an entry it shows nothing

Unhappy Trouble with ADODB and Access (DATAGRID), after deleting an entry it shows nothing

Hello people, I'm new in this forum, and you've already solved my problems 2 times, and that's really nice here, the best forum i've found... Thank you very much!

Now let me ask something, why this happens?:

When I run the program, I made this code for the connection to start running and the datagrid to get filled

Code:
    Dim conexion As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim registros As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim Busqueda As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim eliminar As New ADODB.Recordset

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set DataGrid1.DataSource = registros

If conexion.State <> 1 And registros.State <> 1 Then
    conexion.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    conexion.Open "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data source=" & App.Path & "\dbInventario.mdb"

registros.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    registros.Open "SELECT * FROM Prestaciones ORDER BY IdPrestamo ASC", conexion, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

End If
    End Sub
    OK, so from now shows this

Name:  7vaWTyk.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  40.1 KB

Then, for the search button (Buscar in spanish there) I've put this:
    Code:
    Private Sub cmdBusqP_Click()
    Set Busqueda = New ADODB.Recordset
    Busqueda.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    Busqueda.Open "SELECT * FROM Prestaciones WHERE Nombre_Apellido LIKE '%" & txtBusqP.Text & "%'", conexion, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
    Set DataGrid1.DataSource = Busqueda

If txtBusqP.Text = "" Then
    Busqueda.Close
    frmPrincipal.Refresh
    End If
    End Sub
    it works all prefect...

BUT... There is a command button which function is to delete a selected entry, basically, what it does is ask if you want to delete the entry, then if you click Yes then it will delete it being searched or not (registros or busqueda) that's why i've put the code "On error", because if the datagrid is showing registros and not Busqueda then it will cause an error when trying to delete the entry, so to avoid that error i did that...

Code:
    intResponse = MsgBox("¿Desea eliminar el prestamo?", _
    vbYesNo + vbQuestion, _
    "¿Eliminar?")

If intResponse = vbYes Then
    On Error GoTo error
    registros.Delete
    Busqueda.Delete
    MsgBox "Registro eliminado", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Devuelto"
    error:
    Label1.Caption = "Devuelto"
    Exit Sub

End If
    When I try to delete an entry (all shown when the program starts):

It works perfectly... But when I try to delete an entry after having done a search this happens:

Name:  programa2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  33.3 KB
    Name:  programa3.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  30.5 KB
    Name:  programa4.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  32.9 KB
    Name:  programa5.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  19.5 KB

There is showing "Set DataGrid1.DataSource = Busqueda" first, after the entry gets deleted, I go back to show all entries showing them with "Set DataGrid1.DataSource = registros" but it shows nothing..... I made a button which function is "Unload Me" for that form then I Load the form again with another command button from the other form and it works again perfectly showing ""Set DataGrid1.DataSource = registros"" entries...

So that... I made a long explain so you can understand my doubt, if u didn't understand tell me so i find another way to explain it....

Sorry for my bad english... And thank you very much for being reading this, even if you don't have the answer... Any idea will be appreciated...

Best regards
    Last edited by pabheredia; Jul 14th, 2015 at 04:03 PM.

Re: Trouble with ADODB and Access (DATAGRID), after deleting an entry it shows nothin

Maybe you need to call the .Requery method on the recordset after deletion

However, this could be a big problem and if so, you will need fix it.
    Code:
    registros.Delete
    Busqueda.Delete
    It is not very likely that Busqueda & registros are currently pointing at the same record because Busqueda might be filtered by your WHERE clause in its query.

Oh, your English is extremely good
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}