Thread: Trying to figure out where the best place to put a redirect would be...

Frenzied Member

Trying to figure out where the best place to put a redirect would be...

I am trying to setup a site so that whenever somebody tries to access a page, it checks a database table to see the status of the company a logged in user belongs to. If that company's account is suspended I need to redirect them to a payment page. I'd take suggestions on where to do this, or a better way to do it.

Maybe in the master page, or in a global event? Not sure.
    Sean

Some days when I think about the next 30 years or so of my life I am going to spend writing code, I happily contemplate stepping off a curb in front of a fast moving bus.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Re: Trying to figure out where the best place to put a redirect would be...

I am trying to setup a site so that whenever somebody tries to access a page, it checks a database table to see the status of the company a logged in user belongs to. If that company's account is suspended I need to redirect them to a payment page.
    Wouldn't you do this as the user logs in?

As long as your using sessions to log users out after a certain amount of inactivity so users don't remain permanently logged in.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Frenzied Member

Re: Trying to figure out where the best place to put a redirect would be...

Well I want them still to be able to log in just not be able to access any page but the payment one. If they try to type in another URL I want it to redirect to the payment page. I just dropped it in my Master Page load, not sure if that is the best way but it works.
    Sean

Some days when I think about the next 30 years or so of my life I am going to spend writing code, I happily contemplate stepping off a curb in front of a fast moving bus.