Thread: Why my C Partition has become full

Fanatic Member

Why my C Partition has become full

Hi. I have installed windows 7 on my laptop core i5 business class along with all its driver from hp official website. After this i installed office, and few other small things.

It took more than 30 GB of my C:\ Partition out of 50GB.

During this one month after the installation, I did not install anything at all. But my C:\ Partition is becoming full.

Now this time, my C:\ Partition has only 3 GB empty and its in red color. I checked every possible folder that I have might downloaded something which is consuming extra spaces but its not. All what i sum up with that It physically shows some 30 GB data on my C:\ partition rest of the 20 GB is not available.

NOt available means that nothing is there to show me that where this 20 GB has been consumed. But somehow my partition is almost full.

For security, i regularly update my anti virus and frequently scan my entire system, but it never gets any malicious activity.

Please guide me that Where the problem lies which is consuming my entire partition space.

Thanks.

Re: Why my C Partition has become full

Did you recently install Visual Studio 2013? I had an issue where the install didn't fully complete, although everything worked properly, and logs were filling up my drive. However, a restart cleared the temp files and gained me another 20 GB again.

If you haven't installed anything, it would have to be temp file or logs. Have you checked your event viewer?

Fanatic Member

Re: Why my C Partition has become full

Quote Originally Posted by kfcSmitty View Post
    Did you recently install Visual Studio 2013? I had an issue where the install didn't fully complete, although everything worked properly, and logs were filling up my drive. However, a restart cleared the temp files and gained me another 20 GB again.

If you haven't installed anything, it would have to be temp file or logs. Have you checked your event viewer?

Well, there is not thing like that. I have installed it yet or before. I have no heavy software in my laptop. I use CCleaner which monitors every temp data automatically. I've checked every bit of computer C: partition, but nothing found which is consuming the 20GB data.