Thread: SP and MVc

Fanatic Member

SP and MVc

Can any one suggest me to access db from MVC WITHOUT Entity framework..I need tutorial ..
    There is no achievement without goals

Re: SP and MVc

Which language are you using? C#/VB? And which database are you attempting to access?

If it is MS SQL, you can use an SqlConnection (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib....sqlconnection) to open a connection and SqlCommand(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ent.sqlcommand) to run a query against the database.

Best Cordless Drill & Tool Kit Buying Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ERUM View Post
    Can any one suggest me to access db from MVC WITHOUT Entity framework..I need tutorial ..
    Are you a student?
    If you dont want Entity framework, you can user LINQ,and model 3layer....

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

If it is MS SQL, you can use an SqlConnection
    Further to that, regardless of what DB it is there will almost certainly be some sort of ado.net suite that supports it. Pay a visit to our database forum and check out the stickies. They contain (among other things) some really good tutorials no how to communicate with databases using ADO. The examples don't use MVC but they're applicable.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Fanatic Member

HOLD down please !! Let me be specific about my question !!

Accessing data in MVC can be done by following ways !! RIGHT ?????? (correct me if i m wrong )

- LINQ to SQL
    - Entity Framework
    - NHibernate
    - other ORM
    - Straight ADO.NET

I want to Access db from MVC4 by Straight ADO.NET .. no LINQ syntax..so the gist of whole discussion is that EF through LINQ is overhead to the project /Application ..so i want to keep away from my self from these ..and wanted to approach sample application which access sp via ado.net objects ..but surprisingly what ever articles i found on net is some how connected with LINQ ..
    There is no achievement without goals